Full-Time Technical Writer (Boston, MA)
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
Primary Location MA-Boston
Full-time / Part-time Full-time
Employee Status Regular
Overtime Status Exempt
Job Type Experienced
Shift Day Job
Job Sensitivity Tier II CC@Hire/No CC@Rescreen
This position is responsible for creating a broad range of documentation and communications materials by gathering information from existing sources, the application, and from subject matter experts within the Bank and the US Treasury’s Bureau of Fiscal Service,. The writer will create documentation to support business requirement definition, agency implementation activities, internal and external user training, product and technical specification, and marketing activities.
The technical writer will be responsible for distilling complex information into clear, concise documentation. He or she must have excellent writing and grammar skills and be able to work independently, delivering accurate documentation under tight timelines.
• Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, and content including IPP policies and procedures.
• Create templates, product specifications, release change descriptions, online help, and user guides.
• Observe production, development, and experimental activities to determine and document operating procedures.
• Organize material and complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
• Work closely with Business Analysts, Developers, and Quality Assurance to determine content for user documentation.
• Establish, maintain and adhere to the schedule for delivery of all documentation and communication.
• Coordinate delivery and posting of all documentation and communications with other groups.
• Experienced in research through hands on use of the product.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND ANY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in a communications related field or technical subject area
• Minimum 3 – 5 years of job related experience
• Excellent writing, organizational, analytical and communications skills
• Excellent research and problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and use initiative
• Excellent collaboration skills
• Expert usage of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
• Strong experience with Excel, Visio, FrameMaker, Acrobat Pro and RoboHelp
• Familiarity with Dreamweaver.
• Familiarity with payments systems, web-based applications, or Federal Reserve business operations desirable
• Sharable writing samples are required
Additional resources required for handling technical writing responsibilities include editorial assistance and development of Intra Gov user guides and online Help.