Full-Time Technical Writer (Bellevue, WA)
|Line of Business||New Ventures|
|Description||Company OverviewCoinstar has been voted one of FORTUNE’s ‘100 Fastest-Growing Companies’ and is a leading provider of automated retail solutions offering convenient services that make life easier for consumers and drive incremental traffic and revenue for retailers. The company’s core automated retail businesses include the well-known Redbox® self-service DVD rental and Coinstar® self-service coin-counting brands. The company has approximately 36,000 DVD kiosks and 19,000 coin-counting kiosks in supermarkets, drug stores, mass merchants, financial institutions, convenience stores, and restaurants. Our compensation package and benefits are highly competitive.
New Venture – Coffee
In addition to its core businesses, Coinstar has established a New Ventures division. This group focuses on developing innovative ways to bring value and convenience to consumers by providing a wide variety of products through automated self-serve retail solutions. We believe our newest kiosk venture, Coffee, meets this challenge.
The “away from home” coffee market exceeds $30 billion annually and is growing rapidly. Our coffee kiosk, which is targeted at that market, has been extensively market tested and provides consumers with a more satisfying experience than traditional coffee vending. We are innovative leaders in the automated retail industry and believe the Coffee venture will be a big contributor to our on-going and future success.
As a Technical Writer on the team, you will research innovative content delivery methodologies that can be leveraged both internally and externally by the current Rubi Engineering and Field force. You will collaborate to create, edit, and maintain a variety of technical documents and associated delivery frameworks. You will also gather inputs from multiple members of the engineering and field team during the design, beta, release, and steady state production phases to gain an understanding of the products and/or provide innovative insight into delivery methodologies. A portfolio of writing samples is required for consideration.
This position is located at our Bellevue WA facility.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
– Create, edit, and maintain delivery framework and technical documentation for current hardware and software including products under development
– Create and maintain technical manuals and hardware documentation; Collect and integrate exploded parts views and diagrams, and troubleshooting guides
– Develop initial documents in a manner that will support revision controls, updates, purges and future additions to archives.
– Set processes, as needed to allow future maintenance of released files database and to help ensure processes support future descriptive change log maintenance
– Ensure accuracy and completeness of technical documentation within scope of ownership
– Maintain SharePoint database
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
– Proven ability to work effectively within a team, delivering results with minimal oversight
– Familiarity with electro-mechanical and/or computer hardware/software based technologies with previous experience within a hardware design technical writing environment preferred
– Self-directed and result-oriented with ability to work under pressure of deadlines.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Unstructured Adobe Framemaker and Single Source documentation methodologies
– Experienced with Agile source control library
– SharePoint proficiency
– Microsoft office suite ,Adobe Technical Communication Suite (Framemaker, Acrobat) required; Familiar with exploded bill of material data export; HTML/XML desired
– A portfolio of writing sample is required for consideration
Education & Experience:
– Bachelor’s degree required in related field preferred
– Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated technical documentation experience