Full-Time Technical Writer (Austin, TX)
|Business Title||Technical Web Writer/Editor|
|Job Posting Category||Engineering|
|Job Posting Locations||USA, Texas, Austin|
|Auto req ID||4862BR|
|About Polycom||Polycom is changing how people collaborate. We are the global leader in standards-based unified communications (UC) solutions for telepresence, video, and voice powered by the Polycom® RealPresence™ Video Solutions. The RealPresence Video Solutions interoperate with the broadest range of business, mobile, and social applications and devices. More than 400,000 organizations trust Polycom solutions to collaborate and meet face-to-face from any location for more productive and effective engagement with colleagues, partners, customers, specialists, and prospects. Polycom, together with its broad partner ecosystem, provides customers with the best TCO, scalability, and security for video collaboration, whether on-premises, hosted, or cloud-delivered. With revenues of $1.5 billion for 2011, a debt free balance sheet and over 600 patents issued or pending, Polycom leads a market expected to grow to nearly 4.1 billion by 2015.At Polycom, we are not only on a journey to transform how the world collaborates but also how our employees experience their work lives. Our values are at the core of Polycom’s transformation and we know the evolution of our company depends on individuals who believe in and act upon these values.• We seek to wow our customers, both internal and external, every day.
• We strive to succeed together, through collaborative and effective interactions.
• We believe in the importance of being creatively bold and seeking to be innovative in our work.
• We are relentless in overcoming obstacles and delivering excellence in everything we do.
• We value authenticity in words and deeds.
These tenets guide our business decisions and serve as the building blocks for our culture. If our values and vision for the future resonate with you, join over 4000 Polycom employees in achieving astonishing success.
Technical Web Writer/Editor
Reporting to the Documentation Manager, the Technical Web Writer/Editor will work with developers, product managers, subject matter experts, and the Web team to provide support documentation describing setup, configuration, usage, and functionality of company products. The Technical Web Writer/Editor will research and write documents, create and edit content templates, and build PDF and HTML-based documentation using standard authoring tools and within a content management system/framework.
General requirements are:
· Experience researching and authoring technical documentation for varied audiences based on established styles
· Experience working with technical subject matter experts, software developers, and engineers
· Review and revise technical documents prior to release as needed
· Strong familiarity with information standards such as DITA and structured authoring
· Experience configuring, maintaining, and contributing to a content management system
|Qualifications||Minimum requirements for the position include:· Advanced computer and Web development skills (MS Office 2010, Web browsers, network navigation, technical communication software, and content management tools)
· Familiarity with HTML, CSS, XML and programming concepts preferred
· Familiarity with graphic illustration tools such as CorelDRAW or Adobe Illustrator
· Familiarity with software development, testing, quality assurance, and release processes
· Knowledge of Web communications and publishing workflow processes
· Excellent verbal and written communicator with strong proficiency in English
· Strong administrative skills with careful attention to detail
· Highly organized, above-average learning aptitude, reliable, independent, self-starter
This position will be of interest to candidates with:
· Diploma in Technical Communications, Writing, English, Journalism, Computer Science writing experience, or a related field; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· An interest in technical content and instructional development
· An aptitude for technical subjects, software engineering, computer technology, and Web/UI development
· Interest in telecommunications and product development
· Web development experience with document or content management tools such as Drupal, Joomla, and/or Adobe CQ5
· Strong English communication, technical writing, grammar, and editing skills
· Strong verbal communications and interpersonal skills
|Additional Information||• To apply for this position please go to www.polycom.com
• No Agency Resumes will be accepted for this Position.
• No relocation budget authorized.
• Thank you very much for your interest in Polycom!
• Polycom is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V