Contract \ Contract-to-Hire Technical Writer (Austin, TX)
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Experienced with a variety of research techniques to discover changes to product (interviewing SMEs, testing software, reading design documents, interpreting business rule lists, etc.).
• Can multitask (juggle documentation assignments from several simultaneous projects).
• Developed content for user guides, online help, quick reference guides, and training materials.
• Developed content compliant with published and/or proprietary style guides.
• Developed content that was edited by others. Provided peer edits.
• Demonstrated professional work ethic.
• Performed project management tasks to track metrics, make projections, identify risks, and recommend risk mitigation strategies to management.
• Demonstrated an analytical ability to learn new products and authoring tools, create checklists to ensure tasks are completed as required, and make process improvement recommendations.
• Travel = 20%.
• Required: Bachelor’s degree from a fully accredited college or university.
• FrameMaker 10 and RoboHelp 9.
• Graphics software, Microsoft Office (including Visio), Adobe Acrobat Professional.
• Documenting software in a fast-paced environment.
• Working for a consulting organization.
• Developing content for a government entity.