Full-Time Technical Writer Advisor (Plano, TX)
The Dell team is looking for a Technical Writer who has the experience and technical background to make sure our technical publications provide everything our Storage/Back-Up teams need to get up and running quickly.
If you‘re comfortable creating detailed process flows and technical documentation for Storage/Back-Up in a fast-paced, exciting environment, with people who are exhilarated by quickly shifting project priorities, this is the position for you! As a Technical Writer you will create and validate architecture and runbook documentation for Senior Storage and back-up Engineers. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
We are looking for someone that is technology savvy and has a passion for information Technology.
· Deliver technically accurate documentation to help Engineers consistently deliver storage and backup services.
· Own the entire documentation set, including architecture, process flows, writing, editing, testing, and deployment
· Work with the IT engineering team to design and implement a world-class documentation experience
· Manage simultaneous documentation projects involving other team members and work with key stakeholders across the organization
– Self-starter with ability to improve documentation processes
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Excellent organizational and multi-tasking abilities
– Able to identify and understand audience needs
– Experience architecting, writing, and editing technical documentation for Information Technology Organizations
– Working knowledge of Storage and Back-ups
– Expert Experience using Word, Excel, and Visio tools, outstanding command of the English written language
– Experience with building Word documentation templates/styles
– Experience creating functional requirement specifications and diagramming processes
– 4+ years of professional experience, including 1+ years of experience writing IT Documentation for Engineers.
– Bachelor’s Degree in English, Technical Writing, or a related field
Experience creating end-to-end user documentation plans and managing the Storage/Back-up lifecycle
Experience collecting customer feedback and mining usage metrics – See more at: http://jobs.dell.com/us/united-states/engineering-operations-technical-writer/jobid4048629-technical-writer-advisor#sthash.Rcxr14Po.dpuf