Full-Time Technical Writer 2 (San Diago, CA)
|Posting Job Title:||Technical Writer 2|
|Dept Group:||Manufacturing / Production|
|Job Summary:||Basic Function and Scope of the Position:Write, edit, index, or revise a variety of technical, end user documentation such as policies and procedures, standards and specifications for a wide range of uses.Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Create, edit, and maintain procedural documentation including but not limited to department policies and SOP’s, user and training guides under general instruction.
• Write, edit, produce, and maintain online documentation.
• Research and translate technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for nontechnical and technical users.
• May document engineering processes and specifications.
• Recommends formats responsive to technical and customer requirements.
• Update documents and help develop a standardized method for cataloging, versioning and retiring documents.
• Support quality assurance efforts, assemble documentation for audits and ensure that documentation is compliant with federal regulations.
• Collaborate with departmental staff to collect and interpret input from R&D or other departmental personnel.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background:
Preferred Experiential Background:
Knowledge and skills typically acquired through previous positions in fast-paced corporate environments which involved responsibility for similar work.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer