Full-Time Technical Project Mgr-iTunes Production (Santa Clara Valley,CA)
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish.
- The ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills. They will have the training to develop clear, concise functional specifications and general written and oral communication skills. The candidate should have a proven ability to work well with others under pressure, including the flexibility to provide a level of participation outside of regular office hours to support such activities as new product launches with uncertain schedules.
- • Experience producing internal and external user facing projects.
- • Experience producing large web sites or software projects.
- • Experience interacting with or using content management systems.
- • Basic knowledge of relational databases and data models
This position is responsible for facilitating the development to new workflows and ongoing improvements to existing Design and Production tools within the iTunes Store Content Management system. This role takes ultimate responsibility for guiding the development, concept, feature set, coordination, documentation, and quality for the projects assigned to them. It involves working collaboratively with Project Management, Engineering, QA/user testing, and Production & Support with an emphasis on good interactions with the various Production teams. This role will perform basic data modeling, state machine design and workflow definition and understand the risks and benefits from both a technical and human interaction perspective. While the ability to communicate is important, there’s a level of deeper analysis and sophisticated problem solving that’s also required. They will work cross-functionally to identify potential challenges, troubleshoot issues, and recommend solutions. A typical project will require the role to: 1. Identify and scope cross-functional projects based on current engineering resources, user requests and business priorities 2. Define user workflows, taking into account multiple teams and their differing work styles 3. Communicate clearly with engineering to guide the design and development of database models 4. Identify multiple projects that can be re-scoped against each other to maximize resources and time 5. Understand why a certain solution is not workable technically or unacceptable to users and negotiate new ways to accomplish the same goal 6. Establish and maintain the trust and confidence both users (Designers, Writers, Programmers and Localizers) and Developers 7. Speak confidently and definitively to concerns voiced by the users about the workability of a solution and know when a concern is worth changing the course of a feature entirely.
Bachelor’s Degree or Masters Degree