Full-Time Technical Product Manager (Bellevue, WA)
Date: Jun 29, 2013
Location: Bellevue, WA, US
Company: Expedia, Inc.
Location: USA – WA – Bellevue
Functional Area: Technology
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors
Experience Required: 7-10 Years
Relocation Provided: No
Use your LinkedIn Profile to help you apply faster!
inApply with LinkedInGet hired faster
Expedia is seeking an experienced IT professional with a background in Technical Writing and Operational Readiness. The Sr. Operational Readiness Administrator will have responsibility for orchestrating the transition of IT systems from GIS Engineering to GIS Operations by documenting operational processes and procedures, ensuring that operationalization processes have been completed (such as on-boarding new systems into the ITSM framework), etc. The Sr. Operational Readiness Administrator will play a key role in ensuring that systems are transferred into Operations with high quality documentation, developed by partnering with the Engineering and Operations teams to ensure that all procedural / technical details are captured completely and accurately. This is a senior role that will require a self-disciplined, self-motivated professional that holds his or herself to a high professional standard. This will be a rich, rewarding opportunity for the right professional, to include exposure to some of the best IT talent and technologies in the world, and an opportunity to be largely self directed and to be afforded creative latitude to develop the processes for this new function.
– Define, review and maintain IT Operational Readiness process and drive continuous improvement
– Ensure Internal processes, procedures, tools and infrastructure are documented, maintained and are adhered to in day to day operations
– Partner with subject matter experts to create professional, highly polished documentation for all systems transferred into operations, or other
areas requiring professional documentation
– Ensure adherence to industry standard language – specifically ITIL V3
– Prepare both technical documentation and executive summary materials as part of service delivery packages
– Prepare technical diagrams as appropriate
– Polished written communication skills and technical writer experience
– Conversant with ITIL V3 concepts and language, and IT systems in general
– Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to methodically extract information from IT professionals in an efficient manner
– Ability to translate technical concepts to accurate diagrammatic views that can convey sophisticated subject matter into meaningful / understandable
– Advanced skills in the tools of the trade, such as Visio
– 5+ years experience as a Technical Writer
– 2+ years experience in operational transition
– 7+ years experience as a Technical Writer
– 3+ years experience in operational transition
– ITIL V3 Foundations
Four (4) year degree or equivalent experience
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://bit.ly/expediabrands to learn more about our travel brands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segments: Travel, Travel Industry, IT Manager, Information Technology, Social Media, Technology, Marketing