Full-Time Technical Procedure Writer (Houston, TX)
GP Strategies is an international performance improvement company providing a full spectrum of custom training, engineering, environmental and support services. Our clients range from Global 500 companies such as Shell, ExxonMobil, Chevron, Honeywell, Suncor, and others in the oil and gas sector. We employ more than 2400 professionals who are the best in their fields.
We are seeking a Technical Procedure Writers for full-time or project to project positions to support our growing work load. The ability to work day to day at our Houston office location is preferred but we will consider candidates who have demonstrated capabilities to work remotely as well.
TECHNICAL PROCEDURE WRITER
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develops, writes and edits material to establish proper procedures associated with the operation, maintenance and/or administration of machinery, processes, systems or facilities by performing the following duties:
- Observes production, developmental, and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail.
- Interviews production, maintenance and engineering personnel and reads journals, reports and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
- Reviews manufacturer’s and trade catalogs, drawings and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service of equipment, including P&IDs and PFDs.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, parts lists, specifications, mock-ups and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail.
- Organizes material and completes writing assignment according to established standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology.
- Reviews published materials and recommends revisions or changes in scope, format, content and methods of reproduction and binding. Maintains records and files of work and revisions.
- Selects photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts to illustrate material.
- Assists in laying out material for publication.
- Associates degree in a technical discipline or equivalent year of technical work experience.
- Previous technical experience in the oil & gas, petro-chemical or process industries
- Experience analyzing and writing operating procedures as the SME is preferred.
- Excellent PC as well as communication skills oral/written are required.
GP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.