This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
12 Apr 2013
Full-Time Technical Editor (Richland, WA)
|A resource is needed to support the DOE ORP staff with technical editing, writing, and document preparation. This support will include coordinating the development and production of project documents, procedures, plans, and other communications deliverables necessary to support management policy and reporting requirements. It will also include development and maintenance of multiple ORP project management planning documents, processes, procedures, presentations, letters, and communications products. The resource will be responsible for performing word processing as required to format the documents and take advantage of the automatic features of Microsoft Word software.
The resource shall be a qualified technical editor and document developer to assist Federal staff in the creation and maintenance of documentation to support DOE projects and business management processes and systems. The primary focus for this statement of work is to provide technical editing, writing, and word processing support to assist in the development and revision of project management and operational plans, procedures, and administrative process documents.
The support shall include updating or development of project, administrative, and operational documents. It will also include assistance in the development of ORP presentations, correspondence, and overall quality enhancements for external communications, and information products.
Please submit resume and application online at www.northwindgrp.com. North Wind offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. EEO/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
|The resource will ensure that all duties under this Task are performed in competent, professional, and timely manner and that the associated work products are thorough, accurate, appropriately documented, and comply with all ORP established criteria. The resource will demonstrate the following qualifications:
• Familiarity with translating information requests into program documentation and communication products using the entire suite of Microsoft Office software tools;
• Thorough knowledge of industry standard/best practices for project and information management;
• Proficient experience in coordinating and providing analysis to support the production of strategic project communication materials;
• Experience with configuration management, writing, and editing of decisions documents, assessment reports, project management documentation and stakeholder outreach projects;
• Knowledge of DOE ORP project and program policies and procedures regarding information management; and U.S. citizenship.