Full-Time Technical Editor (Houston, TX)
|Description||PennWell Corporation is a cutting-edge publication and events source for a variety of industries where decision-makers worldwide look first to see what happens next in their markets. With a friendly, fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, PennWell values exceptional performance and recognizes that outstanding people working together make success happen. PennWell offers a rich benefit and compensation package as well as a business casual work environment. Employees at PennWell are passionate about their work and capable of taking the initiative to reach project goals.
· Reviews unsolicited technical articles and consulting others as necessary to decide whether to accept or reject the submissions.
· Solicits technical articles from industry contributors.
· Edits text and graphics of technical articles in accordance with high standards of grammar, clarity, and conformance with Oil & Gas Journal style and in collaboration with authors.
· Communicates with members of the Oil & Gas Journal Editorial Advisory Board for guidance on article selection and related matters.
· Writes technical articles.
· Writes nontechnical news articles.
· Attends industry gatherings to learn about technical developments of the oil and gas industry, identify presentations for possible development into technical articles, meet prospective authors, and represent Oil & Gas Journal in the industry.
· Degree in a subject related to communication or technology.
· 5+ years of experience writing or editing articles about oil and gas operations or writing or editing technical material related to the oil and gas industry.
· Ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
· Ability to meet strict deadlines.
· Ability to consult and learn from colleagues and technical specialists.
· Postgraduate Degree or Technical Degree.
· Operational experience with and oil and gas company or service firm.
· Editorial experience with a technical publication.
No contact from recruiters please