Contract \ Contract-to-Hire Technical Document Writer (New York, NY)
- Location:New York, NY
- Travel Required:none
- Skills:Experience working with at least two of the following is required: Data and Workflow Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams, Sequence and Activity Diagrams and UML Ability to read and understand
- Pay Rate:60.00
- Tax Term:CON_CORP
- Length:6 months
- Date Posted:11-26-2012
- Position ID:952194
- Dice ID:10111360
Our client is seeking a technologically savvy writer for a six month contract to work closely with and support the development team. You will be working with business leaders and IT infrastructure to draft and execute essential documentation relating to our products.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Write technical documentation for our internal and external audiences.
- Take part in the design, development and deployment of content.
- Process complex technological information and translate it into a clear, concise communication that does not rely on technical or corporate jargon.
- Project manage complex documentation initiatives
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years’ experience researching and drafting essential documentation for developers
- Experience working with at least two of the following is required: Data and Workflow Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams, Sequence and Activity Diagrams and UML
- Ability to read and understand source code written in Perl is required, .NET is strongly preferred.
- Ability to write code in one or more of the platforms strongly preferred
- Articulate, with excellent communication skills
- A problem-solver, able to think strategically while possessing the knowledge to quickly solve issues.
- Highly motivated, pro-active and results oriented, delivers client solutions
- Strong and demonstrated analytical abilities are essential