Full-Time Sr. Technical Writer (Mountain View, CA)
We have an immediate opening for a talented technical writer. As the leader of our technical documentation team, you will guide the documentation effort for the Appcelerator Platform, a suite of cloud and client-based products designed to make cross-platform mobile application development and management simple and easy. You’ll work closely with the engineering and QA teams to document new and existing APIs, explain and expound on new features, mentor and grow the documentation team, and build tooling and infrastructure to improve the documentation process as you see fit.
• Plan, design and write documentation for developers–API references, programming guides, tutorials, Eclipse help.
• Review and edit documents written by engineers and other writers.
•Contribute to documentation style guides and templates. Improve documentation tools and processes.
• Mentor new and existing team members
• BA or equivalent experience
• Experience writing for a highly technical audience
• Ability to quickly grasp complex technical material and describe it clearly and concisely
• Ability to deliver quality documentation even on a tight schedule
• 7+ years experience writing for a developer audience
• Familiarity with UNIX command-line tools
• Experience with agile development processes
• Working knowledge of git and github
• Experience managing an open-source documentation project
• Familiarity with mobile development on Android or iOS
• Experience with the Eclipse IDE