Contract \ Contract-to-Hire Sr. Instructional Designer (Seattle, WA)
Are you passionate about design, retail, and cosmetics? Are you an expert in leading end-to-end learning programs and managing the entire design/development process? Then read on!
Filter is seeking a Sr. Instructional Designer to work for one of the nation’s largest fashion retailers in downtown Seattle! This position offers great benefits, the chance to convert the contract to a full-time permanent role, and take ownership of many projects.
Think you’re the perfect fit? Let Filter know!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Lead Cosmetics focused learning design projects through end-to-end development from scoping/analysis through design and development to delivery/implementation providing clear roles and responsibilities through all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Ensure learning programs align with Cosmetics specific goals and company strategy and culture.
- Determine the appropriate learning delivery vehicle(s) to achieve the desired result, within the context of the overall project goals (ie: instructor-led, leader-led, on demand e-learning,mobile learning, webinar, etc.).
- Develop facilitator and participant materials that are appropriate to the course topic and can be used by multiple facilitators and audiences.
- Lead projects to continuously improve the quality and effectiveness of training courses, learning materials, etc.
- Effectively prioritize and manage a variety of projects concurrently.
- Establish and leverage partnerships with facilitators, stakeholders, subject matter experts and external vendors and utilize resources as appropriate.
- Work within project budget and time parameters.
- Deliver exemplary customer service through strong professionalism and ownership of assigned learning projects.
- Demonstrate commitment to teamwork through relationship building and collaboration.
- Deliver productivity through time efficiency and commitment to strong results.
SKILLS YOU’LL NEED
- 5-10 years experience in instructional design and delivery.
- Demonstrated experience designing and delivering training in small and large group settings, both classroom based and on-demand learning or facilitated virtual environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of Adult Learning Theory.
- Ability to develop relevant course materials and curriculum for a diverse audience of adult learners.
- Strong proficiency working on the Mac OS using InDesign, Captivate, Photoshop, Sound Booth, and MS Office required.
- Bachelor’s degree (in related field, preferred).
- Retail experience a plus.
A BIT ABOUT FILTER
Filter is a unique digital solutions agency providing creative marketing solutions, consulting and staffing services. From experience design and development, to content management services, to contract staffing and direct hire recruitment, Filter offers a wide range of services. We have the largest network of top designers, developers and other digital talent on the West Coast, which enables us to fashion solutions that are both more flexible and more cost-effective than those offered by traditional agencies. Filter counts among its clients many of the top global consumer and technology brands. Filter has offices in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco and Los Angeles. For more information, visit www.filterdigital.com.
We will review your resume and portfolio and contact you if your skills and experience appear to be a good fit.
Filter is an equal opportunity employer.