Full-Time Sr. Instructional Designer & Learning Specialist (Human Resources) (Houston, TX)
The Sr. Instructional Designer & Learning Specialist designs and facilitates training programs tailored to the needs of specific business areas and associated systems and processes.
- Develops collaborative relationships with business line management, subject matter experts and other learning staff to identify learning opportunities to close knowledge or performance gaps and to gather source content for learning curriculum.
- Establishes performance objectives, learning outcomes, and assessment tools, utilizing established instructional theories and design principles. Develops blended, classroom based instruction and eLearning programs.
- Delivers custom designed or off-the-shelf classroom and blended learning training programs.
- Analyses the effectiveness of training interventions through associate job performance and post-course delivery assessments. Creates assessments for reinforcement, including situational and scenario-based questions. Provides post training follow up and learner desk-side support as needed to support learning transfer.
- Provides regular updates to Central Training team management of the status of all design and development activities, completion of milestones and potential conflicts.
- Complies with all guidelines established by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) and guidelines set forth by other regulatory agencies, where applicable, and defined in the Universal American Corporate and department policies.
- And all other duties assigned by the manager and/or supervisor.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate thoughts and ideas
- Organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and/or projects at one time
- Customer service skills with the ability to interact professionally and effectively with providers, third party payers, physicians, and staff from all departments within and outside the Company
- Analytical and interpretation skills including departmental, utilization, financial and operations data
- Decision-making skills with the ability to investigate and weigh alternatives and select the course of action that provides the greatest benefit to the organization
- Creative thinking skills with the ability to ask the needed bigger-picture questions that lead to process and team improvements
- Time management skills with the ability to prioritize and schedule daily activities for the most efficient use of time
- Problem solving skills with the ability to look for root causes and implementable, workable solutions
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and participate as an independent contributor with little supervision or as an active team member depending on the situation and needs
- Ability to “think on their feet” and tailor delivery of classroom training as needed
- Must have a track record of producing work that is highly accurate, demonstrates attention to detail, and reflects well on the organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in instructional design, training and development, business or human resources required
- CPLP (Certified Professional in Learning and Performance) certification preferred
- Minimum 6 years of training content development and delivery experience for classroom, e-learning, and blended training programs
- Experience working with various training technologies, distance learning technologies and multi-media learning systems
- Knowledge of adult learning theory
- Demonstrated experience facilitating classes and presenting to all sizes of groups
- Experience developing performance-based learning objectives
- Experience working in organizations that require flexibility, adaptability and a tolerance for change
- Experience with effectively translating written content into visual descriptions, graphics, animation, interactive charts and graphs, simulations, and video-based scenarios
- Personal computer experience should include working with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook at the intermediate level at a minimum, as well as Snaglt, Captivate, Flash and Photoshop
Universal American Corp. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.