Full-Time Sr. Instructional Designer (Jacksonville, FL)
Analyze, design, and evaluate the performance impact of blended formal and informal learning solutions that provide sales, service, and care consultants with the knowledge and skills needed to perform the requirements of their roles while maximizing their time to full job competency. This includes the analysis, and design of learning solutions encompassing product, compliance and job specific process knowledge; sales, service and customer retention skills, and knowledge of how to use and navigate various systems, tools, websites etc. Learning solution designs should follow an adopted instructioanl design model (ie. ADDIE, RAPID) and support various instructional methods (in person, virtual, social, perfromance support). Analyze, scope and manage small to large scale instructional development projects within and outside the learning organization which includes facilitating developmental tests and pilots for learning solutions to ensure the vaildity of performance based learning objectives.
Focus on the design of interactive learning solutions which include the use of multi-media skills to conceptualize the learning and the use of a wide range of graphics and/or illustrative materials and videos to ensure the achievement of the perfromance based learning objectives. With oversight, analyze, scope, and manage medium to large instructional development projects within and outside the learning organization.
· Design new and maintain exsiting learning solutions based upon audience needs, job and task analysis. Produce high level design document which includes summary of anlaysis, business need to be addressed, success measurments, recommended delivery method, learning and performance objectives, curriculum content, and supporting material recommendations to ensure mastery of learning objectives.
· Able to complete work independently throughout the applicable instructional design model and design instructional sound e-learning, social learning and performance support solutions that utilizes advanced design tools to achieve performance based learning objectives.
· Establish, implement and maintain instructional design methodologies, to support formal, informal, and multi-media design that include industry best practice recommendations which take into account design, scope, budget, implementation timeline and technology platforms.
· Able to complete this work with guidance from senior instructional developer or learning management/leadership and recommend best practices.
· Identify need for learning intervention through analysis of new or changed user tasks, responsibilities, etc. due to new product/program/process releases, upgrades or updates. Conduct task/impact analysis using standard department techniques ie. surveys, focus groups, interviews,etc and provide performance improvement recommendattions to learning management/leadership.
· Perform above with the guidance of senior team members and learning leadership for performance improvement projects of simple to medium complexity.
· Design and develop knowledge and skill based assessments (written and simulated) that align with learning knowledge and performance based objectives.
· Develop instructionally sound knowledge and skill based assessments minimal guidance and develop job performance based assessments with guidance from senior tram members and learning leadership. Analyze 30, 60 , 90 day performance improvement evaluations with emphasis on understanding how to interpret data and isolate outliers
· Scope, plan and manage an instructional design project that encompasses team members from all areas of the learning organization (Design, Delivery, Implementation, and Evaluation).
· Able to perform duties with minimal guidance on instructional design projects of simple complexity and with guidance on project of medium to high complexity.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required or 5+ years related work experience required
- Major area of concentration: Instructional technology or Instructional Design/Training/Education/Communication preferred
- 3-5 years Instructional development, adult learning theory, technical writing
- Ability to independently develop instructionally sound blended formal learning solutions (instructor led and complex e-learning) required
- Written and verbal communication
- Completes projects/development in accelerated timeframes which includes multi-tasking, prioritizing and project management
- Instructional development tools: Captivate, Articulate, Perception, Adobe, Camptasia, MS Office suite etc.
- Analysis/data gathering
- Evaluating Learning Effectiveness
- Instructional design skills
- Work with all levels of the organization/relationship building/interpersonal skills
- Master’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in designing social learning solutions (Blogs, Wiki, etc.) and performance support solutions
- Experience in working with multiple industry recognized instructional design models
- Demonstrated ability to manage instructional design projects of small complexity a plus
- Industry certifications such as ASTD, CPLP, Langevin, etc.
- Instructional development tools: Skillstudio, Dialogue Design, and Simwriter preferred.
- An individual is expected to actively pursue achievement of either a Master’s degree or industry certification during their tenure in this role
- Knowledge of 508 compliance and the ability to make design recommendations taking compliance guidelines into perspective
- Experience with Florida Blue products/industry a plus
- Knowledge of HTML, XML, and Java a plus
Primary Location Jacksonville
Other LocationsMiami, Lake Mary, Tampa
Organization Blue Cross Blue Shield of Fla
Posting Deadline Ongoing