Full-Time Sr Content Manager Job (New York, NY)
Date: Mar 26, 2013
Location: New York, NY, US
# of Positions: 1
Posted Date: 3/26/2013
Job Location: US-NY-New York
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Category: Publishing Operations
Pearson has one defining goal: to help people progress in their lives through learning. We champion innovation and we invest in models for education that deliver on our promise for effective, accessible, and personal learning from early literacy, college and career readiness to professional education, through data informed instruction and inventive applications for mobile and digital learning.
Pearson, the world’s leading learning company, has global-reach and market leading businesses in education, business, and consumer publishing and is listed on the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO). For more information, visit www.pearson.com.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Assessment Senior Manager will provide essential leadership, collaboration and guidance across US Higher Education businesses to develop and implement strategies, standards, and guidelines around creation, improvement and extraction of assessment items and the correlation of content and learning objectives to those assessment items. This role will contribute significantly to the pan-Pearson goal to quantify the effectiveness of Pearson educational content and services.
– Work with businesses to architect the extraction and construction of assessment items and to promote availability of robust (and diverse) formative and summative assessment strategies for Pearson customers.
– Enhance quality and sophistication of assessment content used in Pearson Higher Education.
– Enhance Pearson Higher Education’s ability to demonstrate results of education experiences through quantitative validity tools.
– Provide thought leadership in assessment across Pearson Higher Ed and actively collaborate with assessment experts across Pearson globally.
– Document and communicate relevant standards of assessment to business stakeholders.
– Train relevant Pearson staff in assessment design and development.
– Identify potential partners for assessment content and item development; train those partners to meet Pearson standards.
– When necessary, edit and/or otherwise produce sample assessment content, but focus on developing those abilities in others.
– Develop model for assessment of higher-order thinking skills, such as critical thinking.
– Consult across functions in the Content & Production Service area to promote best practices in assessment as they apply in areas such as platform, workflow, and taxonomies.
– Liaise with Content Management Services to ensure the business-derived assessment strategies are reflected in the systems and tools.
– Undergraduate degree required; graduate degree preferred
– 5 -10 years of experience in a role related to assessment item creation/validation and or assessment standards, such as psychometrics.
– Professional familiarity with such assessment standards as QTI, SIF, SCORM, and PESC.
– Ideally, some experience in publishing or academia, preferably in Development, Acquisitions or Content Strategy.
– Ideally, some professional experience with XHTML5 (or XML). At minimum, an understanding of the importance of markup languages in achieving interoperability via standards.
– Ability to build credibility with leaders and drive initiatives across the organization.
– Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
– Able to work both on a team (as member and/or leader) and independently to deliver results
– Comfortable working within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Job Segments: Market Research, Developer, Manager, XML, Content Strategy, Marketing, Technology, Management