Full-Time Social Media & Content Manager (San Francisco, CA)
At Pocket we love what we do, but more importantly we are building something that millions of people love, too. Pocket has become essential to how people discover and consume content on any device.
If you are passionate about using technology to improve people’s lives, we believe Pocket has challenges in front of us that will excite you. We’re a small team and that means lots of opportunity to own things from start to finish that have tremendous impact on large numbers of people, across many different devices and platforms.
One of the most fun parts of Pocket is identifying trends in what kinds of content our audience saves and determining how to synthesize those trends into a way to attract new users to the platform. Also, watching how people incorporate Pocket into their lives– which devices, which platforms, when they use it, what they do with saved content, with whom they share their content and what channels they use to do so– is not only fascinating, but an illuminating part of how technology is changing how we live.
Now, we need a driven, resourceful, self-directed, articulate Social Media & Content lead to help us craft a dynamic message to the world, across a variety of channels, who helps users understand the power of Pocket.
What you’ll do:
- Copy writing for blog posts, social media, email marketing, press releases, product launches, and more
- Plan & manage Pocket’s comprehensive content calendar, executing social media strategies while creating and implementing new ideas
- Manage social media; help define Pocket’s social awareness strategy
- Curate “Pocket Hits” tweets & emails
What you already do:
- Follow the latest trends on the major social networks, understand who uses them and how & why they use them
- Obsessively track up-and-coming social applications & content creators
- Follow trending content on the web! You are a magnet for what is happening.
- Constantly consider how to craft a message, get it in the hands of lots of interest parties, and increase engagement and awareness of a given product or idea
- Use Pocket and love it!
Send us your resume, along with:
- Articles, blog posts or other published writing samples you may have
- A few social channels you manage– either professional or personal
Location: Remote location accepted, San Francisco/Bay Area preferred.
Pocket was founded in 2007 by Nate Weiner to help people save interesting articles, videos and more from the web for later enjoyment. Once saved to Pocket, the list of content is visible on any device—phone, tablet or computer. It can be viewed while waiting in line, on the couch, during commutes or travel—even offline.
The world’s leading save-for-later service currently has more than 10 million registered users and is integrated into more than 500 apps including Flipboard, Twitter and Zite. It is available for major devices and platforms including iPad, iPhone, Android, Mac, Kindle Fire, Kobo, Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera and Windows. Learn more on our blog.