Full-Time Senior Technical Writer/Author (Houston, TX)
Job Code: #11574
Title: Senior Technical Writer/Author
Date Posted: 11/20/2012
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: Houston Texas
Senior Technical Writer/Author
Are you truly appreciated for your time and talent? Are you feeling like it’s time for a change?
KBR’s proposal centers are changing too; we are augmenting our business development staff in Houston, Texas and need your support! We need experienced, senior-level authors/technical writers who have knowledge and experience working with engineers, construction managers and operations managers writing and developing content for proposal documents that respond to Requests for Proposal (RFP’s) from U.S. government agency clients. Our expanded team of writers will work collaboratively with proposal teams, business development managers and operations managers to develop KBR responses to strategic federal government solicitations. Target markets will include operations & maintenance, program management/construction management and defense contingency operations procurements issued by a selected mix of federal and Department of Defense agencies including U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Department of State, NASA, and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. Respondents are expected to have prior knowledge and experience with federal RFPs, industry standard proposal development processes and experience responding to our stated markets and clients. Our markets DO NOT include Information Technology related contracts.
Join us TODAY and you’ll be directly shaping your future and ours; YOU will have unlimited opportunity to map your own success.
Forward-thinking, motivated, innovative individuals are encouraged to apply. Required key attributes of selected team members will include:
- 1. A technical background/understanding of engineering, construction, and program/project management
- 2. A proven ability to interact and remain productive in large bid/proposal teams.
- 3. Must have proven resume and sample documents demonstrating ability to produce creative, compelling (and winning) responses to government requests and solicitations.
- 4. Must also have the ability to PERSONALLY GENERATE/write/develop creative, compelling (and winning) written responses to government requests and solicitations.
- 5. Must be deadline-driven and have ability to work and succeed in time-limited and high-stress environments.
- 6. Ability to work collaboratively with subject matter experts, managers and leaders to achieve desired outcomes.
- 7. A minimum 8-years of experience supporting proposals in excess of $100M.
- 8. Possess innate desire to develop and shape winning sales documents and proposal strategy.
- 9. A minimum 4-year degree in an applicable discipline – with experience or education in an engineering- or construction-related profession is preferred. Nature of your education will be evaluated for career experience supporting the A/E/C industry.
KBR Corporate Profile
KBR, Inc. is a leading global engineering, construction and services company supporting the energy,
hydrocarbon, government services, minerals, civil infrastructure, power and industrial markets in more than 65 countries worldwide. The company, currently ranked 193 on the 2010 Fortune 500 annual ranking of America’s largest corporations, differentiates itself as a technology-driven engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) company. KBR prides itself on the talent, dedication and hard work of more than 35,000 employees who come together each day to deliver any project, any time, in any environment to customers worldwide, making KBR a leader in the engineering, construction and services industries.