Full-Time Senior Technical Writer (South San Francisco, CA)
We are currently seeking creative, passionate, visionary individuals to lead the transformation of Fluidigm marketing communications. If you are not afraid of challenge and have an interest in doing something new and different within a traditionally conservative industry we need to talk!
– Curious about why a life science company is building a team of design-minded people.
– A writer at heart.
– Interested in how scientists absorb technical knowledge and use it in and out of the lab.
– Excited by the opportunity to contribute to a creative team, outside the confines of a typical technical writing role.
– Interested in developing innovative ways to deliver information beyond .docs and PDFs.
– Effective at collaborating cross-functionally with subject matter experts and Technical Support, Technical Service, R and D, and Marketing teams to move projects from concept to completion.
– Aware of e-training, visual learning and user-centered design concepts.
– Willing to serve as an internal expert on Fluidigm written standards and assist with proofreading, corporate review, and copyediting.
– Passion and enthusiasm coupled with the ability to write precise, technically accurate but accessible content that answers questions and delights your audience.
– A BA/BS degree and 12 years as a technical writer in the Biotech industry or related area (Master’s or Ph. D. degree in related subject area preferred).
– Expert-level knowledge of MS Office and Adobe Technical Communication Suites, comfortable with Adobe Creative Suite applications.
– Familiarity with style guide and lexicon development, and can find your way around the Chicago Manual of Style.
– A portfolio of technical writing samples, with a dash of creativity thrown in.
– A strong command of the English language and grammar.
– Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation) and proven ability to deal with all levels of management.
– The ability to work as part of a team in an extremely fast-paced and multi-tasking environment, often under very tight timelines.
You May Have:
– Worked on innovative, user-friendly multimedia content, such as E-books.
– Experience in enforcing and building brand equity through written communications.