Full-Time Senior Technical Writer (San Francisco, CA)
For six years Mashery has had a front row seat to the exploding Web API movement. With over 150 brands, hundreds of APIs, 160,000+ developers, and over 50,000 active applications running on Mashery-powered APIs, we are the market leader in providing API management technology and services. Our diverse client portfolio includes companies such as Best Buy, New York Times, Netflix, Expedia, TED, and YellowPages. We have real customers, real revenue, and a very real product, all developed by a talented and passionate team at one of the ‘Best Places to Work in the Bay Area.’
The Senior Technical Writer position is an exciting opportunity for a person who has experience writing to business end users as well as software administrators. The best candidates will have a mix of consumer and enterprise software writing experience. In other words, you can write to the non-technical audience but you are also technical enough to write to a software administrator audience.
This position is a critical component in building out Mashery’s products. You will be responsible for producing highly usable end user and administrator level product documentation and online tutorials and demos that maximize the ability of digital signage users to self-train. The digital signage product provides the user with a great degree of flexibility so there is a strong emphasis on this position demonstrating the ability to understand and define end user business processes. Target audiences include both internal and external customers and partners. This role will collaborate with the operations and engineering teams to develop the content.
- Create accurate, concise, usable, highly-polished, product documentation, tutorials, demos, and other material for self-training and live training.
- Develop a deep knowledge of the products, write content to an appropriate level of detail, and design content to be task-based
- Collaborate effectively with globally-distributed product teams to gather information, get technical review of content drafts, etc.
- Establish, maintain, and communicate product documentation requirements, and produce schedules for demo, tutorial, and content deliverables, including outlines.
- Deliver all content on schedule and to a high degree of quality
- Put strong emphasis on performing content reviews and self-edits
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a content developer (for product docs and training)
- Experience creating content aimed at business end user and administrators of Web-based applications
- Must be independent, self-driven, respectful, responsible, collaborative, results driven, organized, passionate, and innovative
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, in a fast paced environment (familiarity with the Agile development process a plus)
- BS degree in Computer/Engineering, Technical Communications or similar degrees or equivalent experience.
Mashery is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Agency Recruiters Take Note:
Please do not spam us with unsolicited candidate resumes.
Unless you have a fully executed agreement with us, we will consider them a gift.
Do not send resumes to any of the executives.