Full-Time Senior Technical Writer (Austin, TX)
The Senior Technical Writer will be responsible for supporting the full development cycle and all technical, operating, installation, and service manuals. The responsibilities also include specifications for both domestic and international markets. The Senior Technical Writer will also ensure that all specifications, support materials and documentation is written, revised, and produced in a timely manner, and that all technical bulletins and similar material is disseminated in a timely manner.
Job Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Experience with a variety of research techniques to discover changes to product (interviewing SMEs, testing software, reading design documents, interpreting business rule lists, etc.).
- Work on multi projects simultaneously if needed.
- Develop content for user guides, online help, quick reference guides, and training materials.
- Develop content compliant with published and/or proprietary style guides.
- Develop content that was edited by others.
- Provide peer edits.
- Demonstrate professional work ethic.
- Perform project management tasks to track metrics, make projections, identify risks, and recommend risk mitigation strategies to management.
- Demonstrate an analytical ability to learn new products and authoring tools, create checklists to ensure tasks are completed as required, and make process improvement recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree
- FrameMaker and RoboHelp
- Microsoft Office, Visio, Adobe Acrobat Professional.
Sr. Technical Writer
We value our employees’ hard work and dedication to quality. In addition to a positive environment with opportunities for growth and advancement we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Medical, dental, vision
Long / short term disability
Stock purchase plan