Full-Time Senior Technical Writer (Anaheim, CA)
The Senior Technical Writer shall be responsible for gathering, composing, and editing technical information into clear, concise, readable documents for both a technical and non‐technical audience. The Sr. Technical Writer/Editor shall also be responsible for developing a broad range of technical text and graphics information primarily for proposal publications, with occasional support on technical manuals, installation guides, training documents, technical design reports, and test plans / procedures and brochures. The Sr. Technical Writer/Editor must be skilled in editing, using style guides, and developing templates, as well as having strong organizational and problem solving skills with an ability to work independently and/or with a variety of subject matter experts (SMEs). The Sr, Technical Writer/Editor must be proficient in the development of basic graphics and integrating them into technical documentation. The Sr, Technical Writer/Editor shall be responsible for producing high-quality, accurate proposal volumes under strict time constraints.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: (Other duties may be assigned.)
1. Conduct audience analysis to identify the needs of the users, and interview subject matter experts to ensure technical accuracy and determine the format of documentation.
2. Provide development of document plans, style guides, content specifications, information mapping, manuals, processes, proposals, and reports.
3. Perform writing, editing, and formatting services for executive management, functional management, and proposal management teams.
4. Technically supervise and mentor less experienced writers, create style guides, and manage documentation projects.
5. Research, develop, and write content for proposals, technical manuals, manufacturing documentation, and supporting materials for hardware technical plans / procedures.
6. Supervise the development edits and deliver final documents that meet policy standards such as configuration management, copyright and trademarks laws, and safety and compliance requirements, as well as military and/or industry technical writing standards for grammar, punctuation, and sentence form and structure.
7. Develop internal technical writing / publishing lesson plans and training material, and conduct on-going training and mentoring of less experienced writers, engineering personnel, and proposal teams.
8. Determine technical manual content from engineering drawings and schematics, customer requirements, previously published technical manuals, and vendor information.
9. Organize, develop, and compose clear, concise, and readable technical documents that may include diagrams and flow charts and graphics that must be captured and manipulated to support content.
10. Create proposal estimates for technical documentation tasks.
11. Prepare time-phased budgets and task reporting metrics in support of project assignments.
12. Submit outlines and drafts for reviews, and schedule meetings with SMEs to obtain comments and actionable items from reviews to include in the technical content.
13. Work directly with the proposal manager to ensure proper task organization, preparation, and publishing of proposals in response to received Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Quotation (RFQ), and/ or Request for Information (RFI).
Power Paragon, a division of L-3 Communications located in Anaheim, CA, manufactures power conversion and distribution systems for military and commercial applications. We also produce unique automatic static transfer switches and a range of uninterruptible power systems for medium, large, and very large commercial power applications. Power Paragon offers a commitment to work/life balance along with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit packages that includes a 9/80 work week schedule, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, Employee Stock Purchase plan, health and dental plan, 401K, December holiday shutdown, and other benefits.
For additional information please visit www.powerparagon.com
Power Paragon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/D/V
We encourage Veterans and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel are qualified.
The successful candidate will be proficient while working with all Microsoft Office products at the advanced level. Proficiency with Microsoft Visio as well as excellent personal computer operations is required. Extensive prior experience working with documentation in an engineering or technical environment is a major requirement. Excellent computer file management skills are a must. Candidate must be experienced with the entire publication process, interfacing with both internal and outside publishing personnel, preparing documentation specifications, and have excellent Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Adobe Acrobat Pro skills at the template designer level, and the ability to design document style sheets and apply typesetting configurations.
The candidate should be well organized and able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, display a willingness to make timely decisions, exhibit sound and accurate judgment, support and explain the reasoning for decisions, and include the appropriate people in the decision-making process. Other skills include balancing team and individual responsibilities, exhibiting objectivity and openness to others’ views, and giving and welcoming feedback. The individual will contribute to building a positive team spirit and putting success of the team above own interests. Candidate will be able to build morale and set group commitments to goals and objectives while supporting everyone’s efforts to succeed. The person prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, plans for additional resources, sets goals and objectives, organizes or schedules other people and their tasks, and develops realistic action plans. The candidate demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote documentation quality, applies feedback to stakeholders to improve ongoing performance, and monitors assignment status to ensure overall quality. Excellent English, spelling, and grammar skills are a must.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor’s Science Degree (B. S.) in Business, Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering and a minimum ten (10) years proposal or technical documentation-related experience.
2. Five (5) years technical writing background supporting engineering development / design of hardware, software, and proposal development.
3. Flexible in regards to schedule and task switching to meet deadlines.
4. Able to handle multiple complex projects simultaneously in various stages of production.
5. Extensive experience in Windows, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Visio and other similar software.
US Security Clearance Required : None
Shift: Day – 1st
Organization: Power Paragon, Inc.