Full-Time Senior Instructional Designer (Houston, TX)
Xerox Corporation is a $22 billion leading global enterprise for business process and document management. Through its broad portfolio of technology and services, Xerox provides the essential back-office support that clears the way for clients to focus on what they do best: their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox provides leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Through ACS, A Xerox Company, which Xerox acquired in February 2010, Xerox also offers extensive business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, HR benefits management, finance support, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide. The 130,000 people of Xerox serve clients in more than 160 countries.
The Senior Instructional Designer (Sr. ID) is responsible for proactively identifying training needs, presenting recommendations and delivering learning solutions to address performance gaps. The Sr. ID will utilize instructional design and performance improvement processes to analyze, design, develop, implement, and evaluate instructional materials and performance improvement programs.
The Sr. ID works with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to design and develop training interventions that incorporate best practices in behavioral and cognitive sciences to effectively address business and performance issues. The Sr. ID has ownership of all instructional materials to ensure that instructional quality is built into final project deliverables. The Sr. ID designs and develops learning solutions for multiple delivery methods including instructor-led, web-based, virtual classroom, and blended instruction. The Sr. ID directs Instructional Designers, Media Developers, and vendors in the creation of instructional materials and assists the Project Manager in the operation of the project.
· Proactively work with business partners to define and resolve workplace performance challenges and opportunities. Analyze current state environment, including analysis of performance gaps and job/task/needs analysis. Synthesize the data gathered to create models and recommendations.
· Facilitate discovery meetings and conduct interviews to confirm performance needs and translate those needs into concrete options for learning interventions. Work with business partners to define learning solution objectives to ensure the impact can be measured and is linked to business goals.
· Facilitate design session with key stakeholders, subject matter experts, and project teams.
· The SID is expected to take control of the design sessions to gather detailed information from the SME and to strongly influence the best instructional design blend. Creativity and the ability to think of full program impacts is essential.
· Write concise, creative, and effective instruction. Course deliverables include design documents, storyboards, prototypes, instructor and participant materials.
· Create project documentation including the design templates, standards, style guides, technical specifications, straw models, train-the-trainer, and pilot materials.
· Work directly with technical subject matter experts to capture course-specific knowledge.
· Ensure that learning solutions incorporate best practices in adult learning theory.
· Propose, design, and champion innovative learning solutions.
· Create thought leadership by being aware of leading edge learning solutions and market trends.
· Design and develop curriculum level learning systems.
· Ensure the final project deliverables are the highest quality.
· Design, develop, and implement measurement and evaluation strategies to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of learning solutions on performance.
· Provide input into work plan creation, advising on the length of time required to design, develop, and complete learning solutions.
· Develop, mentor and coach instructional designer resources.
· Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Education, Communication, Organizational Design, Psychology, or other equivalent curriculum that focuses on learning.
· Graduate degree preferred, but not required. Experience accepted in lieu of advanced degree.
· Minimum of 6 years experience in design and development of instructional material in a corporate setting, leading teams in all phases of the project life cycle and producing creative learning solutions.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in the design and development of web-based learning.
· Minimum 6 years experience in managing customer relationships.
· Demonstrated research and analysis skills.
· Demonstrated experience designing and developing complex learning solutions.
· Demonstrated experience designing and developing curriculum development programs.
· Strong consulting capability with strong interpersonal, presentation, and facilitation skills.
· Strong level of professionalism, executive presence and credibility; able to effectively challenge and influence peers and customers.
· Familiar with current learning and performance improvement industry standards, approaches, and innovations. Connected with professional organizations and maintains accessibility to industry resources.
· Demonstrated experience coaching and mentoring others.
· Strong meeting organizational and facilitation skills are required.
· Ability to determine the appropriate learning solution for a given situation and to vary the elements/approach of the instructional design to maintain the attention of the learner and to produce the most appropriate solution.
· Evaluation skills are highly desired.
ACS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with ACS may request such accommodation(s) by calling 866-419-2226 or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.