Full-Time Senior Information Architect (Boston, MA)
SENIOR ASSOCIATE, INFORMATION ARCHITECT
At Sapient Global Markets, we are quite literally on the front lines of the biggest issues facing the global markets leaders today – investment banks, asset management firms, wealth managers, oil and energy firms, and government and regulatory agencies. Driving transformation and leading change within these industries requires big thinkers who bring insight, knowledge, technical acumen and passion for innovation. We offer the opportunity to join a recognized leader in developing and delivering groundbreaking solutions for today’s dynamic global marketplace and an award-winning culture that fosters growth and leadership.
Information Architects at Sapient are responsible for the navigation, organization, interaction design, and business/user process engineering for leading-edge Web solutions, software, and mobile devices/applications. You will apply user-centered design methods to translate user needs, business objectives, and technology capabilities into world-class user experiences for leading companies. We look for people who are passionate about what they do, and thrive working with other smart people to solve the toughest design challenges.
- Assess existing sites/properties for usefulness, usability, visual design, content, and branding (with guidance and oversight).
- Lead participatory design/user testing sessions (with oversight and direction).
- Identify and document meaningful patterns from the findings; provide recommendations to the client/internal team based on findings.
- Utilize low-fidelity, medium-fidelity, and high-fidelity prototypes across the different stages of the design.
- Prepare, conduct, and analyze behavioral in-context research events (with guidance and oversight).
- Analyze, synthesize, and organize research data into meaningful themes, categories, and visually compelling frameworks and behavioral models.
- Identify opportunities to create business value and improve the user experience, based on user research; organize opportunities into visually compelling matrices or maps.
- Execute participatory requirements gathering sessions and participate in debrief sessions (with guidance and oversight); create feature lists from sessions.
- Develop personas/segmentations based on research findings (with guidance and oversight).
- Create engaging scenarios and develop frameworks describing key aspects of a proposed experience, and how it reconciles business and user needs.
- Create visually compelling representations of the solution’s high-level interaction, navigation, and organization design (i.e., concept models).
- Develop visual representations of the organizational structure, hierarchy, and relationships of screens in a site (i.e., site maps) as well as the interactions between the user and the functional modules in the solution (with guidance and oversight).
- Develop screen details (i.e., wireframes) depicting all elements on a unique screen type, including the content, functional, and navigation specifications (with guidance and oversight).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in design-related discipline: Interaction, Information or Interface design; Human-Computer Interaction; Design Planning; Graphic Design; Communications.
- 4-6 years of industry experience .
- Candidates must be versed in user-centered design methods and techniques.
- Proficient to expert in: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Visio, Microsoft Office.
- Excellent analytical and process-oriented skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Prior experience in a consulting firm or agency preferred.
- Prior experience in UI design for mobile devices a plus.C1
Location(s): United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Job: Information Architecture