Full-Time Security Technical Writer\Sr. Analyst Dell SecureWorks (Plano, TX)
Dell SecureWorks is a market leading provider of world-class information security services with over 3,000 clients worldwide spanning North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific Rim. Organizations of all sizes, including more than ten percent of the Fortune 500, rely on Dell SecureWorks to protect their assets, improve compliance and reduce costs. The combination of strong client service, award-winning security technology and experienced security professionals makes Dell SecureWorks the premier provider of information security services for any organization. Positioned in the Leader’s Quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for MSSPs, Dell SecureWorks has also won SC Magazine’s “Best Managed Security Service” award for 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011 & 2012
We are looking for demonstrated ability in technical writing/documentation for Information Security practices, technologies, and standards. It is expected that this person is able to perform the tasks independently a majority of the time with limited assistance from peers, product documentation and vendor support services. This person will create and contribute to installation guides, configuration and reference guides, and ongoing maintenance information and testing and verifying documentation content.
Technical Experience: Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat, SnagIt Information Security technical concepts and technology
Compliance and Framework Experience: ITIL Foundations, ISO 27001/2, PCI
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
– Able to work on multiple projects concurrently, manage time effectively, and require minimal supervision in the execution of a project
– Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology
– Maintain records and files of work and revisions
– Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by security consultants or other organizational personnel
– Assist program personnel with briefs, reports, and other documents such as training materials, user manuals, and other documents such as training materials, user manuals, briefs, test documents and installation procedures
– Manage and maintain SharePoint repositories containing documentation
– Align document for compliance with legal, business, security and regulatory requirements
– Provide input to developing and improving documentation standards
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
– Ability to explain and document complex, technical concepts clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
– Ability to independently research topics, identify subject matter experts, and effectively conduct subject matter interviews.
– Excellent written communication skills. Ability to group and organize information in a logical manner. Excellent grammar skills.
– Excellent time management skills. Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects with aggressive deadlines.
– Good people skills. Works well with all personality types. Has the ability to be collaborative, relate to others maturely, and be a team player.
– Microsoft Word (Expert level), Microsoft Visio, Adobe Acrobat, SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat, SnagIt
Education and Experience:
– Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2-3 years of professional experience
– Experience in effectively formatting/editing technical publications to include writing, editing, and illustration
– Demonstrated proficiency in the fundamentals of writing and editing and the ability to produce a variety of written materials.