Full-Time SAP Training Instructional Designer (Marlton, NJ)
Job Category: Business/Solutions Architecture
Primary Location: USA-NJ: NEW JERSEY-MARLTON
Remote Work Authorized: No
Relocation Assistance: Not Available
Travel: Yes, 100 % of the Time
Clearance Level: Public Trust
Job Posting: Jul 29, 2013, 4:57:11 PM
- Work closely with Project Team and key stakeholders to quickly and effectively understand business process and/or system change to develop training content
- Support and facilitate Training Needs/Impact Analysis and Curriculum Development
- Define and develop course outlines and training scenarios
- Develop training content for a Blended Learning Program which may include e-learning Training and Instructor Led Training
- Adhere to training development guidelines to create quality training deliverables which may include: Job Aids, Quick Reference Guides, Assessments, Quizzes, Exercises Help Menus, Instructor Guides, Performance Simulations.
- Work with Technical Project Team members to validate training environment and associated data as needed
- Lead training content review processes with Business Leads and Project Team members
- Support Train-the-Trainer and End User Training Deployment with training content as needed
- Quickly and effectively edit training content to meet expected deadlines
- Conduct Knowledge Transfer for training sustainability
- 6 years experience in business or consulting and 9 years training/functional experience
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and SAP applications
- Commercial, Military or DOD supply chain/logistics deployment experience on large engagements, government engagements preferred
- Ability to onboard quickly and prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment is essential
- Operate well in a team environment and independently with minimal supervision required
- 6 or more years of training development or instructional design experience (within project consulting)
- Strong organizational communication, collaboration and client relationship skills; detail-oriented
- Experience in training development lifecycle (e.g. needs analysis, content development, review/edit, delivery)
- Experience in Adult Learning Methodology/Theory
- Experience in UPerform and Adobe Captivate
- Preferred – Bachelor’s degree in related field of study
- SAP: Extensive knowledge of one or more SAP application (ECC 6.0, SCM, BI, EWM)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to communicate at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Structured document creation
- Extensive training course development and delivery experience
- Working knowledge of one or more critical business processes and some experience in an integration activity.
- Experience in delivering briefings to senior management
- On occasion, demonstrate ability to meet agreed upon objectives with minimal guidance.
- Flexibility in accepting multiple tasks and changing requirements as presented by leadership.
- Primary work location on site in Marlton, NJ, with significant travel to various client sites as required.
- Orientation towards people (fair and supportive)
- Orientation towards outcomes (results-oriented, achievement-oriented)
- Attention to detail
Essential Job Functions
- Leads a cross-functional team that analyzes, designs, and implements architecture of projects in order to meet solution needs; leverages resources from different teams to ensure customer needs are met.
- Analyzes new and existing architectures, researches solutions, specifies long term direction, and ensures engineering platforms meet reliability expectations to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Designs overall system and solution architecture, system integration, and implementation strategy to deliver an integrated solution which meets customer needs.
- Communicates the system integration vision and strategy during meetings and presentations to appropriate parties. Ensures that the technical aspects of the program are accepted by the stakeholders.
- Generates conceptual, logical, and physical architectures, system documents, testing analyses, test plans, and risk assessments to ensure sound architecture to meet client needs.
- Leads major proposal efforts and creates strategies to win business in new markets or current accounts.
- Serves as a technical expert for clients in system architectures to eliminate gaps and inconsistencies in the initial and new system architectures. Ensures the technical component of the solution aligns with the client’s business goals and current/potential standards.
- Identifies existing and potential issues and design matters in overall system and solution architecture; implements solutions to ensure that best practices and processes are followed and enhanced.
- Researches technological advancements to ensure that solutions are continuously improved, supported, and aligned with industry and company standards.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or mathematics, or related field preferred
- Six or more years of computer science and/or project/program management experience
- Experience working with client business processes
- Experience working with company products and/or client or vendor related technology
- Experience working with operating systems and programming languages
- Strong skills in technical architecture, project management and organizational change
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Strong skills in data administration, design and architecture
- Good leadership to provide guidance to less experienced personnel
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Willingness to travel