General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.We have an exciting opportunity for a Mid Level Technical Writer in our Specialty Engineering group.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Prepare unmanned aircraft and ground control station (GCS) technical documentation and manuals, to include operator and maintenance, aircraft flight operations, aircraft and GCS maintenance, training documentation, and other ground and support equipment manuals as required.
· Technical writing duties include researching, documenting, and developing detailed procedures to include operator, maintenance, troubleshooting, fault isolation, checklists, technical specifications, field alert bulletins, training materials, and other procedures and reports to military requirements.
· Develop and review technical documents for content, accuracy, and format.
· Planning, coordinating, and leading the efforts of a small team to complete the project and may provide direction and training to less experienced staff.
· Working with Arbotext Epic Editor, Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, Adobe Illustrator, Visio, SGML-based writing and other applications, including interactive manuals and desktop publishing.
· Technical writing source material comes in the form of engineering drawings, software description documents, test plans, design specifications/documentation, as well as discussions with engineers, pilots, technicians, and military/civilian customers.
· Investigate and resolve problem areas and interface with various engineering, operations and maintenance personnel to document the technical solution.
· Work experience divided between active duty military assignments in flight operations and maintenance squadrons, followed by technical writing experience as a DoD contractor and/or in the commercial aviation sector.
· Hands-on experience in aircraft flight and ground operations, maintenance, and system troubleshooting, and technical writing experience in the development of technical manuals and training documentation for military aircraft systems.
· Specific experience in operations and/or maintenance of aircraft systems, such as avionics, mechanical/engines, electrical/electronic, RF, EO/IR, and weapons systems.
· Ability to demonstrate a technical understanding of military or technical systems.