Full-Time Marketing Content & Community Manager (San Francisco, CA)
We free you to do the best work of your life.
What is it like to work at frog? The diversity of people and projects varies tremendously. We are both thinkers and doers. Collaboration is ingrained in our culture as well as our method. We come from a multitude of backgrounds and our expertise bridges disciplines and spans industries, including automotive, medical, consumer, retail, software, technology, finance, and many others. Our extraordinary collection of talent—analytical and artistic, conservative and unconventional, technical and whimsical—makes working at frog a truly unique experience. Our interdisciplinary approach is what keeps our clients coming back and new clients knocking on our door. With such diversity in our ranks, we are always able to orchestrate and customize each client engagement to ensure a positive balance between emotional experiences for consumers and economic benefits for clients.
What does it mean to work at frog? It means working alongside the best talent in the world, including at least a few that are smarter than you. It means facing new challenges and often being asked to work outside your comfort zone. We take on the complex challenges, the big asks, and the ‘never been done befores’ of the world. We love what we make!
The Marketing Content & Community Manager creates and implements a wide variety of frog marketing content, and drives on-going and event-driven marketing campaigns. S/he is a member of frog’s editorial team, which publishes original content for both online and print, provides strategic and day-to-day management of the frog home page and social media channels, and serves as lead editor of frog’s blog, designmind.com. S/he also assists the public relations team in cultivating media relationships and analysing media coverage.
- Write, edit, and proofread blog posts, articles, white papers, case studies, newsletters, brochures, presentations, and other multimedia content prior to their publication by frog or their syndication by other media outlets
- Set the strategic direction for all frog social media channels and drive day-to-day execution, sourcing or producing frequent updates
- Track media coverage and social media engagement and contribute key stats to monthly and quarterly reports
- Curate the frog home page with the latest frog news
- Serve as lead editor of designmind.com, frog’s blog; create an editorial calendar, source and edit blog content from inside and outside the company, and produce a monthly newsletter highlighting popular content
- Develop and send periodic internal communications highlighting marketing or business development milestones
- Maintain and update frog’s press database, including contact information and briefing history
- Create briefing materials to prepare executives for meetings with press
- Conduct media outreach and coordinate original content syndication
- Support event and publishing logistics
- Conduct miscellaneous research and administrative marketing tasks
Success means continually holding oneself to the highest of professional and ethical standards and demanding the same of co-workers. Success is walking into frog every day with an unwavering belief that you can and do influence people and the business for the better.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; prior experience writing and editing for business, design, or technology is a must
- An understanding of the business value of social media and best practices for cultivating online communities; prior experience managing social media channels a must
- Knowledge of and interest in marketing content strategy
- An interest in communicating about design, business, and technology issues
- Critical thinker, comfortable with ambiguity and change, possessing a constant drive to learn new things
- Well organized, team player, ability to multi-task
- Self-starter with a high degree of energy, initiative, and enthusiasm
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a marketing or communications role, preferably in the design, technology or media industries