Full-Time Manager, Content Operations (Addison, TX)
The Manager, Content Operations is responsible for the US Hotel Content team. The US Hotel Content Team plays a critical role in ensuring that digital content for hotels across all of Hilton Worldwide’s websites is engaging, relevant for guests, differentiated, revenue driving and managed as an enterprise asset.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its ten global brands, which include Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton Honors.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world and know how to offer an exceptional hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Worldwide Team Member.
What will I be doing?
- The Manager of Content Operations will be responsible for managing the US Hotel Content team within the Content Management & Localization (CML) department. The manager will work with their team and team leads to publish content across multiple channels and customer touch points.
- This position will assist the Vice President, CML to build a competitive distribution advantage by harvesting a proactive supply of compelling, accurate content that creates relevancy at the point of sale. They will also work to promote hotel uniqueness and brand value that ultimately drives business to Hilton Worldwide hotel brands. This position will focus on executing content standards and governance across distribution channels, especially our Global Web websites. In addition, the Manager of Content Operations will play a key role in vendor relationship and day-to-day resource management, ensure costs are controlled and budgets are met.
- This position will liaison with the Product and PMO team on content projects, gathering, entering and/or repurposing content as appropriate and needed for website projects as well as entering test or actual content for the project and adhering to the project timelines and dates.. They will attend business requirements meetings and be responsible for reading, reviewing, and approving scope and functional specifications for website projects as they relate to website content operations. They will also be responsible for ensuring the timelines and deadlines are met for content operations that are documented in the website project plan.
- This person will act as a business liaison for content operations working collaboratively with other website teams, HRCC and global business units to ensure effective communication and tight integration between customer need, business priority and content delivery and operations.
- The Manager of Content Operations must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to present effectively and accurately regarding the status of content operations and a consolidated and comprehensive project status report to leadership and other Global Online departments
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton Worldwide has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton Worldwide remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university in Business/Marketing, English, Journalism, Communications or Interactive Media or similar field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of management experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in web and/or content publishing (including proofreading, writing and editing)
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with keyword research and search engine ranking tools.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in vendor management.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely express ideas both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze performance data
- Excellent interpersonal skills that build trust and instill confidence in order to motivate and influence others.
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritize and implement all elements required for team to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with core strategic goals.
- Strong problem solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems; ability to help develop problem solving skills among direct reports and other team members as appropriate.
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to collaborate with others and act in an objective manner in order to effectively solve problems and stay on track towards accomplishing organizational goals.
- Proficient CMS and management skills with the ability to quickly learn new programs and train staff.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage details through to completion and ensure project deadlines are met.
- Knowledge of business mathematics, including ability to calculate percentage changes and averages/weighted averages; working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including ability to understand/manipulate basic spreadsheets.
- Understanding of principles and practical application of web publishingy
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Minimum of two (2) years operational experience managing resource forecasting, process improvement and execution.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience working in a leading Web or Enterprise Content Management System, preferably Autonomy’s Interwoven Teamsite
- Minimum of two (2) years experience with HTML, CSS and code structure as it relates to SEO.
- Minimu of one (1) year experience with SEO writing and an advanced knowledge of how web content affect ranking in major sea
Job: Marketing, Communications, and Public Relations
Brand: Hilton Worldwide
Shift: Day Job