Full-Time Lead Instructional Designer (Dallas, TX)
Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150 countries and employs approximately 70,000 people.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
1. Perform analysis for Instructional Systems Design for new products
2. Design learning assets: Instructor-led, web-based and the potential for mobile device delivery
Determine instructional content strategies.
Applies advanced learning theory and adult learning principles to improve effectiveness of learning content. Evaluate effectiveness of design solutions.
3. Develop assets: Resident expert on use of authoring tools for CBT content; and ILT applications. Develops new solutions based off latest instructional design theory. Researches and recommends new tools and production practices.
4. Evaluate and assess instruction and its impact. Reviews input from learning metrics and recommends solutions to improve results.
5. Key project lead on large project with multiple deliverables and audiences. Produces production schedules; timelines; and project dependencies to track and meet project milestones
*Possibility of working virtually from home office occassionally, but will have to come to Dallas location to meet with Key leaders weekly.*
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE and REQUIREMENTS:
The ideal candidate will have:
• 5 + years of training/instructional design or related experience preferably in healthcare or other regulated field.
• Excellent writing skills; demonstrated by the ability to acquire, synthesize, and present highly technical information.
• Experience with a wide range of authoring and development tools, preferably XML and DITA-based authoring and Learning Specialization
• Excellent project management capabilities, strong communication skills, strong conceptual abilities, and strong team orientation.
• Meet schedule commitments within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Significant Work Activities and Conditions
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods ( more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Classification: Experienced
Job: QUALITY ASSURANCE
Primary Location: USA-Texas-Dallas
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time