Full-Time Instructional Writer and Content Producer (Redwood City, CA)
Evernote lets you capture, organize and visually search for your thoughts, ideas, snapshots, audio notes, and files from virtually any device, wherever you happen to be. Fueled by ease of use and its availability on every major desktop and mobile platform, Evernote is growing at a rapid pace, adding nearly one million users per month.
Currently, there are over 34 million people around the world who use Evernote to help them remember everything. More than 10,000 developers have requested access to the service, and partners have released more than 600 products that integrate with Evernote to date!
About The Role:
Millions of people use Evernote to manage every aspect of their work and their life. Evernote’s ecosystem includes a number of products for capturing, communicating, and interacting with information, as well as a growing group of partners and third-party services built on the Evernote API that let our users get even more out of their Evernote accounts.
This position, reporting to the Director of Learning, will produce content for Evernote’s user-centered instructional resources, such as product guides, knowledge base articles, training agendas, and other materials as needed. The main types of content include descriptive and step-by-step text, screenshots, and graphics. The position will also be part of the instructional design process and will propose and review designs for these and other instructional materials.
- Author clearly-written self-help Knowledge Base articles http://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/
- Author and design user guides, tutorials, and use case content http://evernote.com/skitch/guide/
- Propose designs for new instructional layouts- Welcome page, revised user guide, etc
- Partner with product managers and other producers to keep existing web content updated
- Work with video team to produce scripts for tutorials
- Optimize content based upon data from Google Analytics and user feedback
- Portfolio of work required, including writing samples and design samples (please provide URL or PDF)
- 2 years experience creating instructional content (preferred for consumer software)
- Proven ability to author clear text-based instructions and use cases
- Experience laying out/designing webpages for instructional content
- Intermediate Photoshop and image editing skills
- Ability to use a text editor to author HTML inside corporate templates
- Ability to manage multiple projects with differing timelines
- The ideal candidate will have familiarity with instructional design and training techniques
- Degree or professional training in writing or instructional content production
- Familiarity with CSS and PHP for authoring content
- Experience working with subversion or source management
- Experience with creating scripts and/or recording short video tutorials
- Experience incorporating user research into design
Working at Evernote:
We are a dynamic team with a start-up feel. We have open, collaborative offices in Redwood City, CA and Austin, TX.
At Evernote, we promote an entrepreneurial spirit and perspective and engage a management style that encourages the free exchange of new ideas and rewards self-motivation. Our engineering team works in small teams, collaborating closely with product management and our quality-engineering group.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a very competitive salary package including generous equity in form of RSU’s and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). Our employees gather daily to enjoy a selection of delicious daily lunches delivered to the office (we love food, and every day is different!). We offer paid public transportation (i.e. Caltrain) and break rooms packed with a variety of snacks and drinks.