This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
13 Nov 2012
Full-Time Instructional Developer I (Houston, TX)
“Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins”Provides instructional and program electronic-delivery development support for in-house academic courses, distance education and outreach education efforts. Works under close supervision.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
- Works under close supervision by the director and assistant director.
- Provide design and production of online course modules for self-paced learning of early childhood content through Project SHARE (TEA) and Blackboard to electronic delivery basis for basic or small to medium programs.
- Designs, develops, implements and maintains basic course layout/design and houses content and curriculum in electronic formats including web-based, video, and possible DVD formats.
- Facilitates and trains others in the effective uses of basic on-line/web-based distance- teaching/learning technologies for both live interaction and “on your own” learning.
- Supports content specialists in the upload of developed course content and with the course platform.
- Works with vendor to ensure all electronic media are rendered in the correct file format to be used in the online platform.
- Establishes and maintains positive, working relationships with those internal and external to the process of course development to ensure on time completion of all tasks and assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Instructional Technology with a minimum of 3 Years experience preferably in on-line course management development software or relevant experience in lieu of education.
- CERTIFICATIONS/SKILLS: Office software,On-line course management development software,Client/customer focus and Good interpersonal skills.
- Office software
- On-line course management development software design experience; Epsilen preferred
- Design with a working knowledge of: CSS, HTML 5 and Adobe Creative Suite is required.
- Client/customer focus
- Good interpersonal skills
- Link to online portfolio of work samples expected
- Salary Range
Commensurate with experience
This position works with Houston Independent School District (H.I.S.D.) students. No
This position works with minors under the age of 18 years. No
This position will be working in a laboratory or clinic No
This position will use radiation sources No
Pre Employment Conditions TB Skin Test
Open to current UTHSC-H employees only? No
Job Classification regular
FLSA Status Exempt
Does this position accept online applications? Yes
This is a grant funded position Yes
Benefits Eligible Yes