Full-Time Instructional Designer (Milpitas, CA)
Habitera is seeking an expert in instructional design and eLearning delivery to work with our team to adapt our original content and virtual coaching services into a structured, multimedia, online curriculum. In this unique role, you will work with our early-stage team to design the curriculum for our flagship weight loss program.
The curriculum will be delivered as a series of online modules supported by virtual coaching. It will also involve the design and build of an LMS that enables dynamic content creation based upon user preferences and adoption. You will leverage your expertise in the design and development of online learning modules to determine product configuration, modularity, delivery mechanisms, LMS content hierarchy, adoption mechanisms and support tools for our ground-breaking program.
- Adaptation of a body of content for delivery via modular, web-based training, webinars, videos, and coach-supported e-learning
- Organization of the content into effective and appropriate groupings that logically flow throughout the curriculum
- Development of instructional design and content development modules using programs like Captivate 6, Storyline, Flash, Photoshop, Microsoft Office. These modules will be integrated into a Learning Management System
- Production of original and curated content for recorded and virtual coaching presentations (webinars). Collaboration with our engineering team to create supporting tools and applications for our eLearning and virtual coaching products
We are an early-stage team, and we are looking for an expert who wants to be a part of building something unique and meaningful – from the ground up – that has the potential to dramatically affect the health and welfare of humankind.
Habitera is a health and wellness company that combines the science of nutrition with the psychology of habit formation to enable people everywhere to realize healthier lifestyles. Our flagship weight loss program helps you lose weight for the last time by building healthy habits. The virtual coaching-supported program consists of a personalized curriculum that guides each client through a structured methodology to achieve lasting weight loss through habit modification. The company’s leadership includes executives with experience in healthcare, technology and behavior design, and leverages research in habit and behavior change to formulate its offerings. Habitera was founded in January 2013 and is headquartered in Milpitas, California.
- 5+ years of instructional design, multimedia design or similar, directly relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with proven versatility in producing and compiling content using a variety of media
- Ability to write concise copy and optimize text for digital learning
- Proficiency with instructional design development tools such as Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere, Flash, Audition, Encore, Edge) and MS Office (Word, Power-Point, Excel).
- Keen knowledge of and interest in current developments in interactive media, particularly as they apply to learning
- Experience in HTML and Web technologies