Full-Time Instructional Designer/Trainer (Dallas, TX)
Would you like to work for a company that was announced in Dallas Morning News Top 100 Places to Work for 2011? If so, Monitronics is the company for you!
At Monitronics, our people are our most valuable asset – so we treat them well. Work hard for us, and we’ll work hard for you, helping you develop the skills and experience to lead in the growing security industry and giving you the opportunity to advance in a fun work environment that challenges you and values your efforts.
Monitronics offers on-the-job training, a competitive pay package and a solid benefits package. And we offer it all in a casual work setting, with a business-casual dress code.
Monitronics International, a subsidiary of Ascent Capital Group, is looking for a Instructional Designer/Trainer to join their Training and Development Team.
This individual will ensure an exceptional employee and customer experience in alignment with the organization’s goals by developing, maintaining, and facilitating effective training curriculum for the purpose of transferring knowledge and creating expertise for learners.
Ideal candidate will have:
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in English, technical writing, instructional design, education, or related field
2+ years experience training and developing curriculum
Proficiency with multimedia authoring tools, such as MadCap Flare, RoboHelp, Captivate, Camtasia, Flash, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, etc.
Knowledge of Information Mapping methodology
Proficiency with MS Office Suite
Ability to write learner-centered training objectives
Experienced in creating pre-and post-assessments
Experience with instructional design methodologies
Experienced in project management
Knowledge and experience with the practical use of adult learning principles
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Creates an engaging learning environment in which all trainees are fully capable of demonstrating learning outcomes at an expert level.
- Positively engages learners using adult learning theory.
- Accurately determines the most effective training strategies, methods, materials and settings to correspond with the type of training needed and/or the environment in which the training will be applied.
- Conceptualizes, designs, and develops effective, accurate, concise, and engaging training content and curriculum using the ADDIE process and applicable software (Adobe RoboHelp, MadCap Flare, Snagit, Photoshop, Articulate, Captivate, Camtasia, and Infomapping).
- Proactively seeks solutions and enhancements to training courses and content.
- Develops quality content designed to maximize the end-user’s learning and job performance.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with all necessary business stakeholders and subject matter experts to ensure accuracy and accessibility of training content.
- Proactively researches, updates, and communicates business updates in a timely manner.
- Contributes to a high performance team by collaborating and supporting each other in achieving and exceeding business expectations.
- Proactively engages in personal leadership development and continuous learning about all aspects of the business