Xerox Corporation is a $22 billion leading global enterprise for business process and document management. Through its broad portfolio of technology and services, Xerox provides the essential back-office support that clears the way for clients to focus on what they do best: their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox provides leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Xerox also offers extensive business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, HR benefits management, finance support, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today.
Instructional Designer – Healthcare
Do you want a career in the fastest growing industry?
- Healthcare will generate 3.2 million new wage and salary jobs between 2008 and 2018, more than any other industry
- Ten of the 20 fastest growing occupations are healthcare related
· The Breakaway Group was voted by Inc. 500/5000 as one of the fastest growing private companies in America in 2009. By industry, TBG was ranked 18th in Education overall and 1st in Colorado.
Do you have a background in instructional design, healthcare IT or healthcare education? Do you have experience designing online learning programs for healthcare professionals? Are you the type of person that always leaves more than you take?
If you seek to establish a long-term career where you literally change the game in terms of how healthcare professionals develop new skills and learn new technologies… you need to learn more about The Breakaway Group, A Xerox Company
The Breakaway Group is committed to making a difference in healthcare!
Instructional Designer – Healthcare
We are seeking candidates that have exceptional Instructional Design experience! You will contribute curriculum and courseware design skills to a collaborative team of Instructional Writers and Multi-Media Developers in creating quality, effective Healthcare IT learning and adoption tools. In this role, you will:
- Research subject matter to learn and understand Healthcare IT applications (EMRs, Revenue Cycle Management systems, Radiology Information Systems, etc.), healthcare organizational roles, and end user workflows
· Work directly with The Breakaway Group’s clients to conduct learning needs analyses and audience analyses to determine the learning requirements for the organization’s roles
· Create curriculum maps, course outlines, and assessment questions that define right blend of learning modalities to ensure a quality outcomes for the client’s learning solution; provide inputs for the performance metrics studies for the client’s program
· Conduct on-site and online task analyses with the client to identify steps required to complete critical tasks in a concise and compelling way
· Work closely with Instructional Writers and Multi-Media Developers to translate curriculum and course designs into highly interactive online learning simulations, quick reference guides, assessments/surveys, and other instructional and communications materials
· Contribute to creating storyboards and narration scripts for online learning simulations. Edit storyboard and materials, and provide quality, timely drafts to client SMEs
· Adhere to Instructional Design standards that ensure consistent, quality Learning tools that are maintainable over the long-term; quality test completed courseware and materials to ensure standards and conventions are met
· Work closely with Learning Systems Administrators to ensure the structure of the designs meets LMS and Learning Systems delivery requirements
· Teach a peer-employee class once quarterly
Your excellent design skills will result in learning tools that have a direct impact on the Healthcare industry, the company’s solution, and our ultimate success changing the game in Healthcare. This role reports to the Team Leader of Instructional Design; it interfaces with cross-functional teams, including Research, Client Services, and Product Development.
Academic and Professional:
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, English, Communications, Healthcare Administration, or equivalent work experience
- 3 to 5 years experience as an Instructional or Curriculum Designer in IT or Healthcare Educator with heavy design responsibilities
· MS Office Suite, including expert-level MS Word skills
· Adobe Captivate
· Adobe Photoshop or other graphics editing tool
· SnagIt or other screen capture tool
· Knowledge of Healthcare IT, clinical, or healthcare administration practices
· Strong experience with adult learning principles and instructional design practices
- Demonstrated ability to be credible with client staff regarding healthcare operational processes in order to add value to workflow assessment and design
- Experience developing workflow and procedure documentation (assessment, validation)
- Experience building training materials and/or e-learning for adult learners preferred
- Excellent writing skills
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Good project analysis skills
· Ability to prioritize and/or deal with multiple issues and/or projects
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to meet deadlines and practice effective time-management skills
· Ability to execute good judgment and execute decisions
Ad hoc travel will be required throughout the year to work directly with clients and business partners.
All other duties as assigned.
Xerox Business Services, LLC and its subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox Services may request such accommodation(s) by calling 866-419-2226 or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.