Full-Time Instructional Designer/Course Developer (Boston, MA)
The Sr. Instructional Designer/Course Developer is part of an exciting team that creates and delivers courseware to enable our customers and partners to be successful with Coverity. The Coverity Education team is looking for an Instructional Designer/Course Developer with experience that covers the entire gamut of training — from course concept to development of instructor-led and self-paced learning. The position supports our software development platform so ideally you should have an understanding of complicated software development tools.
The Instructional Designer/Course Developer should have, or be able to acquire, in-depth knowledge of Coverity products. You will need the ability to collaborate with Instructors, Software Developers, Product Managers, Professional Services and Product Support to ensure the accuracy and relevancy of course offerings. The proven ability to work independently to manage projects is required.
• Help create and execute an education strategy for our end-user customers by creating materials such as interactive e-learning, tutorials, classroom and live-online training materials.
• The successful individual in this role is detail-oriented, energetic, and flexible, and can work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and shifting priorities.
• Manage course projects from inception and design phase to production and release.
• Quickly learn tasks and processes required by various customer audiences and translate that information into e-learning courseware for Coverity customers.
• Assist with instructor-led courseware for classroom and virtual delivery. This includes the creation and production of Powerpoint, student guides and hands-on lab environment and instructions.
• Keep up-to-date on product new features, and update the courseware appropriately.
• Incorporate industry best practices and techniques from a training and learning standpoint. Displays passion to stay current on industry trends and related technology.
• Takes initiative and displays creativity to help customers and partners get measurably greater understanding and productivity with Coverity.
• Engage in special projects to support the Education team’s business processes and tools as required.
• 3+ years hands-on experience developing e-learning courseware and computer-based training for an application software company.
• Knowledge of instructional technologies including LMS systems, cloud e-learning offerings, and other computer-based training tools and services
• Hands-on experience with a variety of e-learning authoring tools required: Captivate, Articulate, Camtasia, etc. Experience with Photoshop, or similar tool, to create graphics.
• Experience using an LMS to deliver courseware. Knowledge of SCORM and AICC conformance desired.
• Experience designing, developing and maintaining courseware, learning objectives, training aids, tutorials and hands-on exercises
• Ability to break down complex topics into logical sequences.
• Experience with a SaaS product required. A bachelors degree in computer science is desired.