Full-Time Instructional Designer (Tucker, GA)
Position Overview: Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems / projects of diverse complexity and scope. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
· Delivers moderately complex learning solutions to an individual contributor and management audience to engage the learner, encourage participation, and produce desired outcomes.
· Actively contributes to the creation of instructional and delivery methods using various learning solutions and technologies and acting as a subject matter expert in a content domain.
· Manages a learning environment with advance preparation, constructive feedback, and response to learner needs.
· Establishes credibility by demonstrating developed knowledge of solution content, providing relevant business examples, and helping learners apply learning to on-the-job situations.
· Incorporates legal, ethical, and cultural issues relevant to solution delivery by acting as a role model.
· Serves as liaison between client and the training staff.
· Reviews and evaluates the post session training reports, assessments, and evaluations.
· Monitors training sessions and provides feedback.
· Works closely with training specialists on day-to-day operational issues.
· Oversees the development and coordination of training and documentation activities.
· Prepares, develops and maintains the training schedules and training plans.
· Carries out post-training review, analysis, and status reporting.
· Develops and maintains CBTs and obtains client approval.
· Manages and maintains the Learning Management System (LMS).
Skills and Qualifications:
· Strong planning, communication, change management, and cultural awareness skills, including financial and global business acumen.
· Ability to quickly understand new, complex technologies and concepts.
· Ability to evaluate variances in learning styles within an audience.
· Strong familiarity with learning content and delivery solutions.
· Strong delivery skills including teaching, facilitating, and mentoring capability.
· Experience with Lectora and CourseMill.
A bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of instructional design professional experience in training, education, staff development, personnel or an Agency program area.
Job – Learning & Development
Primary Location – United States-Georgia-Tucker
Schedule – Full-time
Job Type – Experienced
Shift – Day Job
Travel – No