Full-Time Instructional Designer (Portland, OR)
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Instructional Design, or related area.
- Experience delivering technical software training in instructor-led classroom and virtual classroom environments
- Experience with Puppet and/or similar configuration management tools, plus virtualization software solutions.
- Linux/Unix sysadmin and customer support experience.
- Excitement about working with technical audiences and working with Puppet.
- Passion for customer training.
- Strong customer relations & presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, with excellent time and project management skills
- Ability to travel 25-50% (domestic & international).
- Experience working with external training partners and contracted resources.
- Experience in designing and managing LMS and reporting solutions for training quality and results.
- Experience with maintenance and application of synchronous virtual classroom technologies
Preferred but not required:
- 3 years of relevant software training delivery and/or instructional design experience.
- Experience delivering training through online media, downloadable media, etc. and generating videos, pod/webcasts, and graphics for use in classroom-based training.
- Experience working with Professional Services in an open source or enterprise software company.
- Knowledge of Ruby, Drupal, VMware, and Virtual Box
- Puppet Professional Certification
1. Describe key methods you’d use to measure the effectiveness of course deliveries.
2. Describe the worst classroom delivery you’ve conducted or witnessed. What did you learn from the experience?
3. Describe your approach and strategy for delivering remote training courses. How do you analyze the needs of a remote training audience?
Working for Puppet Labs
Based in Portland, Oregon, Puppet Labs creates IT automation software which enables system administrators to deliver the operational agility and efficiency of cloud computing at enterprise-class service levels, scaling from handfuls of nodes on-premise to tens of thousands in the cloud. Puppet powers thousands of companies, including Twitter, Yelp, eBay, Zynga, JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Google, Disney, Citrix, Oracle, and Viacom. Our investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, True Ventures, Radar Partners, Emerson St. Partners, VMware, Google Ventures, and Cisco.
Everyone who works at Puppet Labs has a direct impact on the company. The work environment is relaxed yet results-driven, encouraging creativity and collaboration. The list of interesting and difficult challenges will always be larger than the time to tackle them, and the community culture fosters continuous improvement. Puppet employees embody our values, displaying curiosity, self-motivation, adaptability, and a passion for what Puppet is all about.
Puppet Labs employs staff in areas including Development, Professional Services, Operations Engineering, Solutions, Marketing, Sales, Finance, HR, and Administration. We offer awesome benefits and perks to our employees, including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), paid time off, stock options, casual dress code, flexible work hours, free snacks & drinks, in-office bike rack, a dog-friendly work environment and much more.