Full-Time Information Security Technical Writer (Washington, DC)
|Title||Information Security Technical Writer|
|Description||Reach Your Peak with ICMA-RC, a FINANCIAL SERVICES LEADER in public sector employee retirement products and services. Headquartered in Washington, DC, our Financial Services Corporation manages over $40 billion in retirement plan assets for more than one million participant accounts. We are constantly looking for ways to create new opportunities to serve our participants. We have an extraordinary talent base and invite you to consider joining ICMA-RC’s Information Security team.This position is responsible for creating, updating, and sun setting all Information Security and Technical Operations (ISTO) policies, standards, and procedures. This position will also be responsible for establishing and implementing an industry best practice Policy Lifecycle Management process.
Essential functions for this role include:
• Manage writing assignments that provide an end-to-end policy portfolio overhaul; coordinate communication and logistics between inter-departments and divisions.
• Ensure policies are written to support the goals and objectives of ISTO and ICMA-RC. Establish a standardized look and feel for all policies, standards and procedures to ensure uniformity across documents. Create documentation templates, format content, and present information in a concise, understandable format.
• Establish and document best practices for utilizing standard templates for crafting policy documents.
• Derive a mechanism for extracting key policy messages when communicating new or updated policies to the organization.
• Serve as liaise for ISTO to define and identify business procedures and establish documentation needs for hardware and software; collaborate with systems and development staff to collect and interpret technical information.
• Plan layout, graphical elements, and format of documents; ensure final documents are usable and of high quality.
|Requirements||If you have the following credentials, we encourage you to apply:• BA /BS Degree or equivalent work-related experience.
• 5+ year technical writing and editing experience, with specific experience in documenting information technology and information security software and systems.
• Technical Writing Skills
• Develop Process Work Flow/Swim Lane Diagrams
• Must possess working knowledge of information gathering, planning, and organizing methods and principles
• Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work on multiple projects with multiple deadlines
• Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator or other graphics software, preferred
• Microsoft 2010 Suite (Intermediate) and Microsoft Visio
• Content specification
For your well-being, we offer a solid compensation and benefits package that features a competitive salary, a straight-forward incentive plan that rewards results, and a 401(k) Plan.
For your career, we offer tuition reimbursement, professional development courses, seminars, career enrichment assignments, mentoring programs and a record of enterprise growth that creates continuing opportunities for career advancement.
Consider ICMA-RC, and respond in strictest confidence. ICMA-RC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workplace. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.