Contract \ Contract-to-Hire Information Architect (San Francisco, CA)
Filter is looking for Information Architects (IA) who are web-savvy and organizationally inclined. We have ongoing contract opportunities for Information Architects who can understand clients’ business and communication goals, and translate them into efficient interaction processes and positive user experiences.
To be considered, you must provide samples of wireframes, site maps, functional specs, and/or user scenarios. If you’re an Information Architect with great communication skills, an ability to meet deadlines, and a portfolio full of beautiful work, we’d love to hear from you.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
• Organize and design information in contextually relevant formats
• Sketch conceptual UI, create wireframes and develop user testing
• Develop navigation, search and labeling sub-systems to enhance findability and deliver a rewarding user experience
• Work hand-in-hand with Program Managers, Product Marketing, User Researchers and Interaction Designers to define and drive the user experience requirements
• Create user scenarios, work flow diagrams, wireframes, navigation models, and other information architecture deliverables
• Utilize qualitative and quantitative data to help define and defend UI decisions
• Work with PM on schedule for IA deliverables
SKILLS YOU’LL NEED
• Minimum 2-5 years experience
• Experience writing functional specifications and creating user interaction design mock-ups
• Knowledge of web technologies (HTML, DHTML, XML, AJAX) required
• Ability to create wireframes
• Expert software proficiency including: Visio, Illustrator, InDesign
• Exceptional analytical and process-oriented skills
• Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Rich portfolio including wireframes, site maps, functional specs and user scenarios
• Experience working on large-scale sites and/or applications
• Experience with rich-client or web applications a plus
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
A BIT ABOUT FILTER
Filter is a unique digital solutions agency providing creative marketing solutions, consulting and staffing services. From experience design and development, to content management services, to contract staffing and direct hire recruitment, Filter offers a wide range of services. We have the largest network of top designers, developers and other digital talent on the West Coast, which enables us to fashion solutions that are both more flexible and more cost-effective than those offered by traditional agencies. Filter counts among its clients many of the top global consumer and technology brands. Filter has offices in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco and Los Angeles. For more information, visit www.filterdigital.com.
We will review your resume and portfolio and contact you if your skills and experience appear to be a good fit.
Filter is an equal opportunity employer.