This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
11 Oct 2013
Full-Time Documentation Specialist III (Technical Writer) (Fort Meade, MD)
Description & Responsibilities:
- Work with system engineers, testers, software developers, trainers and other program personnel to gather pertinent information and format it into useable manuals.
- Create documentation templates, format content, and present information in a concise, understandable format.
- Track document versions and revisions.
- Incorporate review comments and corrections into existing documentation.
- Assist program personnel with briefs, reports, and other documents such as training materials, user manuals, test documents and installation procedures.
- Minimum ten years of technical writing experience preparing documents, reports, responses, and briefings.
- Experience in effectively formatting/editing technical publications to include writing, editing, and illustration.
- Fluent in PowerPoint, MS Word.
- Three years experience with an intelligence agency or SIGINT related experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in fundamentals of research writing and editing and the ability to produce a variety of written materials.
Other Desired Skills & Experience:
- Ability to create detailed data flow diagrams and graphics.
- Experience using Adobe Flash and Dreamweaver
Security: Candidates must have TS/SCI clearance with full scope poly (or CI for CCA qualified candidates.)
Education: Candidate must meet the education requirements in the labor category. Six years over the required years experience substitute for the BS requirement. Certifications and AA degrees count as 1 year experience each.