Contract \ Contract-to-Hire Contract Jr Technical Writer (Redwood City, CA)
Job Code: CJP-351
Cash/Prizes: 1099 or corp-to-corp (or W2 by request)
Audience: Utilities and energy retailers using smart grid communications hardware and software
Location: Onsite in Redwood City for first few weeks to learn products and bond with SMEs, thereafter offsite if interested
Duration: Full-time, 40 hrs/week, up to four (4) months
Relocation/Visa assistance: No
Representation: Principals only, please
Our innovative smart grid optimization client needs a junior-level (read “inexpensive”) contract Technical Writer to create procedures manuals about hardware and software for UK utility/network/data management users.
For the first few weeks, you’ll work onsite in Redwood City, learning the products, earning the trust of the SMEs, and familiarizing yourself with the current doc set. Thereafter, you can work offsite/remotely.
To qualify, you must have experience with FrameMaker, Acrobat, Word, and basic screenshot manipulation. You should also have written about both hardware and software, have showable writing samples, and have strong professional references.
This will be a full-time (40 hours/week) project, with the first few weeks working onsite work in Redwood City, and lasting up to four months. You’d be paid on a 1099 basis, unless you prefer W2.
- Experience documenting procedures for both hardware and software
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Acrobat, and screenshot grabbing
- Sharable writing samples and quality, reachable references
- Full-time availability
- Ability to work in Redwood City, CA (traveling at your own expense)
- Experience working with MS SharePoint
- Familiarity with Microsoft’s Style Guide
- Background writing UK-flavoured English
- Working knowledge of electric utility, networking, and/or data management industries
Note: Content Rules has many content-development opportunities with SF Bay Area technology companies. Visit www.contentrules.com/jobs for details.