Full-Time Content Specialist (New York, NY)
Skillshare is looking to add key players to our Education team. This is a crucial role at Skillshare, contributing to our growth and working closely with the world’s best teachers to create great content.
This role will be involved in multiple stages of recruiting top teachers and working with them to design their class content. You’ll identify these teachers and explain how Skillshare works in order to help them get started on their own class. Once teachers start building their classes, you’ll be their guide throughout the creative process. Your ultimate goal is to help each teacher be successful on Skillshare, resulting in their students having a great experience.
An ideal candidate loves applying their creativity to problems and designing learning experiences. Also, you’ll enjoy research and exploring new communities online.
The candidate for this role is organized and resourceful. (S)he has a passion for excellence and is dead-set on finding the best teachers that will produce the highest quality educational content. (S)he exceeds at collaboration, and works well with both team members and teachers, in order to apply everyone’s creativity to each project.
This candidate has 1-2+ years of experience in producing content and client-facing projects.
- Identify Top 10% Teachers. Research a skill to identify the very best teacher candidates for each class you’re sourcing.
- Generate and Close Leads. Quickly and intelligently generate high volumes of high quality leads to contact and pitch. Guide your leads from first-contact to closed teacher, speedily and seamlessly.
- Collaborate With Teachers to Produce Content. Work with teachers to identify what they should teach, and how they should teach keeping in mind best practices.
- Account Management. Develop on-going relationships with teachers, supporting them as they become part of the Skillshare community.
Skills & Experience
- Incredibly organized and heavily metrics-driven with a track record of self-driven operational execution
- Clear and succinct communication skills
- A born collaborator. You work best on teams, being relied on by others
- Experience working in a fast-paced, ever-adapting, environment, ideally a startup
More About You
- You’ve got a passion for excellence. You want everything you deliver to be wow-worthy
- You’re creative. You are willing and excited to experiment. You understand how creative people learn and do what they do.
- You’re passionate about offering experts the opportunity to share their skills globally
- You’re solutions-obsessed. Always optimizing your strategy for maximum results
- You have a deep respect for deadlines and accountability
- You’re independent and take initiative. You never need to be followed up with
- You’re committed to adapting to dynamic circumstances with a positive attitude. In fact, you love the fast-paced lifestyle.
This role is full-time and based in NYC. Please note that before an offer is made, you will be have to set up reference calls with previous direct managers, which will help the Skillshare team understand how best to work together.