Full-Time Content Manager (New York, NY)
ShopKeep POS is looking for a seasoned content and social media manager with lots of big ideas and a proven track record of taking those ideas and creating easily digestible and compelling content to drive action in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to create an overall blog and social media strategy for ShopKeep POS and will be measured on executing that strategy.
Specifically the candidate will select the most relevant social media channels to liase with small business prospects and customers and build out those entities and monitor them on a daily basis. In addition, the content and social media manager will develop a robust blog for ShopKeep POS that will aide social media as well as PR efforts and improve overall SEO. The perfect candidate will have a passion for small business and an affinity for high tech, with a particular emphasis on Apple Products. The candidate must be well versed in conducting interviews with various constituencies and quickly converting those interviews into relevant blogs and case studies for distribution on ShopKeep POS entities as well as external media outlets.
In addition, this candidate will work with other bloggers and the Director of Communications to effectively disseminate content on 3rd party sites. This person will also monitor results of his/her efforts on a regular basis – using analytics and data to drive future decision making – and present those results to senior management.
- Very strong writing skills – examples of writing samples are required
- A sense of urgency and the ability to write effectively on deadline
- Strong understanding of small business needs
- Ability to interview merchants and others to create compelling content
- Strong verbal communication skills to connect with merchants, reporters, bloggers, and others
- Ability to build relationships with bloggers and others to improve distribution of content on 3rdparty sites
- Ability to learn about a new technology quickly and translate complex or esoteric product features and functions into compelling words that attract new users and engage current users
- Ability to identify different perspectives and angles and create new ideas for blogs quickly and effectively
- Ability to regularly report out on progress and analyze results to inform future decisions
- Comfort with working with analytics team to extract various insights to create future content
- Experience with WordPress required
- BA required