Full-Time Content Manager – Black hat (San Francisco, CA)
The Content Manager has a deep interest, growing knowledge and an expanding network of connections in the Technology and Information Security Community. This position oversees the collection and compilation of Black Hat Briefings, Trainings, and Webcast content. Other qualifications include: experience in managing professional events, strong relational database management skills, relationship-building skills and service orientation, strong writing and editing skills and the ability to work with a team. The Content Manager must be self-motivated and detail-oriented, with the ability to handle various tasks simultaneously and on deadline. The position reports to the Black Hat Content Director, working with the GM and the Executive VP of UBM Tech Black Hat and Game Networks to define event strategy; maintaining the integrity of the Black Hat events, sourcing content, assisting as a spokesperson and evangelist.
1. Develop and maintain all data for conference speaker and abstract submissions (Call for Papers), oversee scoring, selection, and feedback.
a. Conduct extensive speaker research including speaker blogs, bios, photos and social media handles including Twitter and LinkedIn.
b. Maintain accurate track of speaker selections, deadlines, remaining slots, and alternates.
2. Co-develop and implement event strategy devised from advisory board & team meetings; including response to proposals, contacting suggested speakers, organization of data, and support for the marketing of program.
3. Produce event schedules and sessions, prepare timelines, launch call for submissions in conjunction with the conference, marketing, sales, web production, and operations teams.
4. Communicate with speakers throughout program cycle to ensure deadlines and expectations are met.
5. Manage data entry and content verification of all speaker content/speaker confirmation for events. Provide weekly update of speaker lists for all conferences (new speakers, manual addition of LinkedIn and Twitter handles, as well as blogs in coordination with the web team).
a. Provide timely speaker selections to Conference and Operations team for logistical support.
6. Update and maintain accuracy of conference content in internal databases, websites and printed materials.
7. Liaise with marketing and PR team to organize event marketing, promotion, publicity, sales and related campaigns.
8. Source and support Webcasts, facilitate with Sales and Sponsors as required.
Additional Duties include:
1. Copyedit all conference content for online, marketing emails, direct mail pieces, conference guides, and onsite signage and schedules.
2. Supply marketing and sales departments with conference content information as needed for promotional materials, advisory board updates, sales opportunities, etc.
3. Prepare internal post-show reports and all speaker evaluations for assessment.
1. Strong interest in technology and research, specifically Information Security.
2. 2-5 years in organizing and managing events and conferences and relevant experience
3. Demonstrable expertise in budgeting and managing projects to tight deadlines
4. Customer service orientation, strong communication skills, diplomacy and tact
5. Detail-oriented with ability to handle various tasks simultaneously under multiple deadlines
6. Relationship-building skills
7. Self-motivated with ability to work with a team
8. Domestic and international travel is required.