Full-Time Content Manager-13040759 (Long Island City, NY)
The Global Consumer Marketing & Internet Office (GCMIO) is a world-class marketing and digital organization with a customer-centric approach that supports our marketing and digital efforts globally. The GCMIO partners with the entire Consumer business, around the world, including credit cards, retail banking, small and commercial business banking and real estate lending. The primary objectives of the GCMIO include, restoring and strengthening the health of our brand, driving organic revenue growth with smart advertising and marketing, regaining and advancing digital leadership by providing a consistent and brilliant digital customer experience for our customers everywhere in the world, acquiring new customers through digital marketing, leading our NPS efforts to ensure we are best-in-class in our clients’ eyes, leveraging our global footprint to make our regional marketing efforts consistent and strong, and notably, working as a high-performing, passionate and engaged team.
As part of The Global Consumer Marketing and Internet Organization (GCMIO), the North America Marketing team works to enhance the Citi brand, advocate for the consumer and drive business results through highly effective integrated marketing campaigns, communications and engagement built on customer insight.
The Branded Content and Social team defines, develops, and executes strategies and tactics to extend Citi’s digital presence beyond advertising that reaches and engages target audiences in unique, competitively differentiating ways to elevate our brand, drive consideration and intent, and bridge transactions and commerce. The team is responsible for all Branded Content and Social Marketing across the North America Consumer businesses from strategy through execution, as well as relationship management of our respective Digital Partnerships.
The Content and Social team is comprised of 14 full time employees and spans the following functions:
· Strategy, Metrics and Partnership Relationship Management
· Content Marketing & Amplification
· Content Strategy and Community Management
· Listening, Servicing and Solution Management
DPC&S is seeking a smart, creative, and dynamic Content Manager to join the team. This position reports directly to the Director of Content Strategy and Development, and will be responsible for the development and distribution of content across social channels including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, LinkedIn and womenandco.com. In addition, the Content Manager will be responsible for end-to-end ownership of the Citibank US Facebook channel from content strategy and development to publishing and performance reporting. Candidate must demonstrate expertise of the channel, and ability to work with key stakeholders – internally across businesses and external agency partners – to achieve deliverables.
· Act as subject matter expert for the Facebook channel. Stay abreast of social media trends, rapidly changing technologies, online competitor presences, and ongoing community dialogue as well as consult internal guidelines and outside resources to maintain a working knowledge of industry best practices. Utilize expertise to advise and counsel management during social media strategy development.
· Work with internal stakeholders across the NA Consumer Bank (NACB) to understand business-level priorities, then filter, prioritize, and validate information to inform Facebook content strategy and creation that supports broader short and long-term marketing strategies.
· Communicate overall social strategies and past Facebook content performance to NACB stakeholders to help guide and influence content submissions and convince others to adopt social media for marketing messaging.
· Liaise with product and creative teams in NACB to gain a keen understanding of brand visions, positions, guidelines, and strategies and bring them to life in social media through content.
· Write timely, relevant content for Citibank US social media channels that aligns with brand guidelines and integrates US consumer product and services messaging for daily online distribution.
· Responsible for day-to-day management of external agency partner to allocate content creation work for the Facebook channel.
· Assist in managing Women & Co. editorial resources to maintain a robust publishing cadence. Motivate the team to create content that coincides with the overall editorial calendar.
· Act as one of the editorial subject matter experts on the DPC&S team by revising, reshaping, and repurposing content, and demonstrating thorough knowledge of applicable grammar, syntax, and style rules.
· Rely on strong communication and diplomacy skills to navigate the content approval process with the Legal team. Synthesize Legal feedback and educate management, stakeholders and editorial team to influence strategy and content creation going forward.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with other areas inside and outside of DPC&S team and communicate best practices to appropriate Citi groups including but not limited to; CBNA Product Managers, CPWM Marketing and Communications, ICG Research, Private Bank Marketing and GCMIO.
· Understand the Citibank brand strategy, including aesthetic, voice and value components, and communicate as part of his/her work.
· Influence and participate in projects relating to content syndication, Citi internal integration and marketing including; supporting the planning process, contributing to creative development, help determine success criteria and evaluate results accordingly.
· Plan and execute special projects that require cross-departmental or channel coordination.
The Ideal Candidate:
He/she needs to inspire the organization through his/her expertise, creative thinking, and analytical approach to quantifying results. The successful candidate is self-motivated, curious and eager to affect change in the organization. This challenging position offers an attractive balance between strategic thinking and “hands on” work. It requires the management of numerous stakeholders and ongoing interaction with all levels of management.
· 9+ years of communications, marketing or journalism experience, preferably in the financial services industry.
· Proven experience writing editorial content.
· Familiarity with online communities and social networking sites including Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter and similar sites.
· Experience working with third party agencies, vendors, partners and website development teams.
· Excellent organizational and project management skills to effectively manage the production aspects of website content and communication pieces.
· Extremely detail-oriented, experienced in quality control, review and proofreading.
· Works effectively without close supervision, independently and on a team; thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment; and possess superior oral and written communication skills.
· Highly flexible; comfortable working with ambiguity, frequently changing timeframes and short deadlines.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Marketing, communications, journalism or equivalent preferred
· Master’s degree preferred.
Primary Location: NAM-USA-NY-Long Island City
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time