Full-Time Associate Technical Writer (San Francisco, CA)
Turn your interests in technology and explaining how things work into a career! If you have a background in creative writing, journalism, programming, or science, have a streamlined writing style , and a desire to make software easier to use, then we want to meet you. We’re based in San Francisco and we’ve got one of the best technical writing teams in the business. We work collaboratively with developers, quality engineers, product managers, and usability experts to make the Salesforce.com application easier to use. We write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help, and developer guides; we create videos, tutorials, and other user assistance to help customers use a variety of business applications. You’re a great match if you’re self-directed, passionate about technology, and produce high-quality documentation. You’ll learn innovative technical communication tools and Agile methodologies to build a career!
Responsibilities : Create and update documentation for the Salesforce CRM application and Chatter.
Experience/Skills Required :
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to adhere to styles and processes
- Knowledge of XML or HTML
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Focus on quality and details
- Strong team player
- Customer advocate
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or communications field
Experience/Skills Desired :
- Experience with authoring and publishing tools
- Experience with video and image editing software