Full-Time Technical Writer (Tarrytown, NY)
PDS Tech is seeking a Technical Writer in Tarrytown, NY with exceptional verbal and written communication skills to develop medical device user manuals, technical instructions, online help and other technical publications.
- Develops on-line help screens for company products.
- Researches technical and engineering information, including drawings, design and test specifications, product prototypes, and interviews with subject matter experts.
- Completes all phases of document development cycle, including project scope and requirements, documentation design, etc.
- May develop, recommend and implement technical documentation process and policy changes.
- Must be self sufficient to produce deliverables using documentation plans, specifications, prototypes and other resources.
- Must be experienced in researching technical and engineering information, including drawings, design and test specifications, product prototypes, and interviews with subject matter experts.
- Must be able to effectively synthesize complex technical information to provide easy to understand instructions.
- It is required that the individual is an experienced accountable professional with a full understanding of regulated industry practices, company policies and procedures.
- Should have experience with working with translation vendors for the localization of content.
- Able to work in a highly collaborative environment developing topic based content using FrameMaker.
- Development work experience with FrameMaker XML (DITA or other) templates and EDDs is a plus.
This position may require you to submit to and pass a drug test and/or background check.
If this is a hands-on position, you may also be required to pass a safety and productivity examination.
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion bonuses