This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
16 Nov 2012
Full-Time Technical Writer (Tarrytown, NY)
PDS Tech is seeking a Technical Writer in Tarrytown, NY with exceptional verbal and written communication skills to develop medical device user manuals, technical instructions, online help and other technical publications.
- Develops on-line help screens for company products.
- Researches technical and engineering information, including drawings, design and test specifications, product prototypes, and interviews with subject matter experts.
- Completes all phases of document development cycle, including project scope and requirements, documentation design, etc.
- May develop, recommend and implement technical documentation process and policy changes.
- Must be self sufficient to produce deliverables using documentation plans, specifications, prototypes and other resources.
- Must be experienced in researching technical and engineering information, including drawings, design and test specifications, product prototypes, and interviews with subject matter experts.
- Must be able to effectively synthesize complex technical information to provide easy to understand instructions.
- It is required that the individual is an experienced accountable professional with a full understanding of regulated industry practices, company policies and procedures.
- Should have experience with working with translation vendors for the localization of content.
- Able to work in a highly collaborative environment developing topic based content using FrameMaker.
- Development work experience with FrameMaker XML (DITA or other) templates and EDDs is a plus.
This position may require you to submit to and pass a drug test and/or background check.
If this is a hands-on position, you may also be required to pass a safety and productivity examination.
PDS Tech, Inc. will comply with all applicable federal and state laws governing the use of such background checks and drug tests
PDS Tech, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (EOE M/F/D/V)Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation’s premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion bonuses
Please note availability of benefits may vary by position.
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand.