Full-Time Technical Writer (Seattle, WA)
Are you a clarity ninja? Does your joy at digging into technology fence with your crazy-scary ability to seek out and destroy confusion? Can you write clear, concise operations content that ensures our huge datacenters hum with efficiency?
Do you want to be a part of creating our cutting-edge web technologies with a team of awesome people (while taking a surprising amount of joy from silly cat memes, Nerf guns, ping pong and poker)? Then please apply immediately, because Moz is the right place for you!
If you’re a technical writer who knows how to work collaboratively with developers, system administrators, and architects to create consistent, understandable, and altogether amazing system administration and architecture content, we want to talk to you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the development and sysadmin teams to identify new features and functionality that require documentation
- Absorb and synthesize technical and domain knowledge into clear, useful documentation
- Create outward facing documentation to be read on the Blog and tweet about it
- Review and revise developer created documentation for usability, accuracy, and clarity
- With the help of Developers and system architects, document internal code, dependencies, deployment guidelines, and architecture
- Manage content lifecycle with efficiency and accuracy, maintaining and updating multiple branches as necessary.
- BS or BA or higher in English, Technical Communication, Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent writing experience
- 5 or more years experience writing about highly technical subjects
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively with development and product teams
- Strong English grammar, proofreading, and copy editing skills
- Ability to work in text-based authoring systems, such as Markdown and HTML.
- Knowledge of established style guides and documentation best practices
The following experience is not required, but will be a huge plus:
- Experience writing system administration, datacenter, and/or architecture documentation
- Experience with content management systems, software technology, web applications, and programming languages
- Using Git (or other version control systems)
- Writing content in HTML or markdown
- Familiarity with UML or other diagramming standards
We develop an analytics software product to help people do better marketing. Behind the tool is a sea of Mozzers with a wide array of personalities, experiences, and expertise. We’re a startup with the ability to turn a profit, backed by a passionate community of followers, and with an exciting and hopefully VERY lucrative road ahead.
We’ve worked hard and deliberately to build a cultural roadmap. It’s not just about ping pong games and company parties (though we have those too!)— Learn more about it below before you apply:
- Moz believes in the TAGFEE tenets. As Mozzers, we strive to exemplify these core values.
- Making the web a better place (http://moz.com/about) and watch how we do it (http://moz.com/products).
- Not convinced we are awesome yet? Check out our video “Why we love Moz”and our amazing benefits package.
Sneak peek at the goodies
- Competitive salary, 401K, stock options
- 21 days off plus 3000 per year towards your vacation!!!
- Home internet, home office, gym, and transportation subsidies
- And so much more (feel free to grill us about the rest in the interview!)